Losing inches and not lbs? Pics?

Options
kaytea45
kaytea45 Posts: 7 Member
I've been busting my booty for the past couple of months and have lost inches but not really showing a difference on the scale. Anyone out there maintaining the same weight but seeing a big difference in the mirror? Pics would be great motivation!!!

Thank you!! :flowerforyou:

PS I love this board, everyone is so INSPIRING!!!

Replies

• Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im having the same issue and I have a LOT to lose :( Ive only been at this for a month though and now going to watch my sodium because I have a bad water retention issue
  • snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i would love to see pics too :)
  • mdj2011
    mdj2011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I am on about day 100. I have only lost 14 lbs, but have gone from a 20-22 to a comfortable size 16-18. Just tried on a 1x that didn't fit this spring and it fits now!!Stick with it-the scale lies!!!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    So glad i'm not the only one!! i've been stuck at 200 for a month, but losing inches consistantly... i stopped losing after i started lifting so i know its just my body getting used to the new routine, but still so frustrating! i want to be in the 100's already! lol
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    MyProgressISYour1Proof Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    check my profile picture. I haven't weighed myself but I see I'm losing inches. My diary is also open. Hope it helps.
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    PhotoGrid_1374562581320-1.jpg
    March, 2013 & July, 2013
    PhotoGrid_1374562159333.jpg

I've been working out and trying to eat healthy since February, 2013. I've only lost 8# and I seem to keep losing and gaining the same 4#, but my pics are changing so I'm trying to keep the faith. I do a lot of resistance training, and heavy lifting when I can fit it inbetween zumba classes. I'm a new instructor so it's been keeping me from lifting, which I love dearly. I'm a month in teaching, so I think I can finally get back at it more. Sorry the pics aren't the best quality.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    You losing inches so **** what the scale yes

This will never end
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    there have been 1 or 2 months since September (when I started my weight loss) that I did not show any weight loss on the scale, however, in those months, I dropped clothing sizes. I think everything catches up and works itself out in the long run. don't worry about it, as long as you know your making progress!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I have my insanity pictures on my profile (for the first six weeks - haven't posted yesterday's yet). I've gained two pounds, but have lost 4" off my waits, and more elsewhere, and I'm down 3% body fat. Weight is a bad indicator of progress. Trust your tape measure. The scale lies to you
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    2vv5hs3.jpg

I'm exactly the same weight. Still trying to lose weight and inches but it's clear it is working :)

Edit: to try and get the pic to work!!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    ecc8c851-792f-4639-b431-202454030d68_zpsf084169b.jpg

2 months difference, and I'm only 1/2 a pound lighter.
    I was pretty mad until I took the photos,

Yaaaay lifting!
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm definitely in that boat! I've been counting cals (~1600 net daily), working out with 30DS every other day, walking, biking, riding my horse and I've only seen a MAX loss of 8lbs. It fluctuates but most days I'm only 5-6 lower than my SW on MFP.

Here's my comparison photos from 5/1/13 to yesterday, 7/22/13 though. I can see a huge difference!
    11dc7ddc-8aa3-4bc6-9c6c-2c1aa716a8d4_zpsf733b69f.jpgF071921C-DCAD-49E3-9504-A68BB8B7E1A1-283-000001047430ABAF_zps16de1d66.jpg

Significant difference in my face too...
    efbe0d4e-0991-4720-b6dc-f694600c8770_zpsba78202c.jpg99d30c10-ad54-4b5a-b886-ca2432b0027b_zpsacc97e50.jpg

If I had just watched the scale, I would have given up long ago. It isn't all about numbers! How do you feel? I have way more energy, strength and stamina compared to 10/11 weeks ago. Think about your NSV's- write them down. And think about why you started in the first place- was this to feel/look better? Was this to be healthier? Or was this SOLELY to watch the numbers tick down on your scale? I would hope not cause that's not nearly as rewarding as counting your success in other ways.

The weight loss will happen, just keep on keepin on. In the mean time, enjoy all your other successes!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10 lbs.
    January
    Jan2013_zps29a619b0.jpg
    Jan2013a_zps4170c4be.jpg
    Today
    7_21_2013_zps3ee70de0.jpg
    7_21_2013a_zpsbc1110a1.jpg
    [/quote]
  • kaytea45
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the posts and encouragement! From early on we're measured by the number on the scale, it's so rough to work so hard and not see it go anywhere!! But we're all proof it doesn't matter!!! I just have to keep reminding myself :wink:

Keep kickin butt!!!
  • kaytea45
    Options
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I wish posting pictures were easier on this site. I have been the same weight for 3 months now but increased my weight training and went from a size 6 to a size 2. I don't really weigh myself any more because it doesn't change. I measure and buy new clothes.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Bumping for inspiration in the future - cos I think I'm in the same boat.
  • missmelissa919
    missmelissa919 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Bump! Let's see more!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat here. I lost weight through diet alone...and then I decided to start weight lifting. I'm pretty much just bouncing around the same 3lb range right now, but haven't gotten any lower. I don't know what else to do but just keep on going. I can't imagine I can eat 1488 calories avg a day, and work out 5-6 days a week and never see any progress...barring some sort of medical issue. I did just go get some hormone levels checked, so we'll see if any of my meds need to be adjusted.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!