drinking water

Options
2»

Replies

• TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's like I feel thirsty all the time

Whoa, that's not normal. Is the thirst a burning one? If so, have you been tested for diabetes?
  • JenniferMontenegro
    Options
    I don't think its because I am getting sick my throat has been like this for like 2 months.
  • JenniferMontenegro
    Options
    no its not burning it more itchy and sore. No I have never been tested for diabetes.
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Also, you only need 64 oz of fluids a day. Anything more than that will put you at risk for water intoxication (which can be deadly).

Sorry this just isn't true. More than 64 oz isn't instant death. The whole "8 glasses a day" is a pure myth and a completely random number. Everyone is different. Plenty of people drink upwards of 120 oz a day with no side effects. Please don't be a fearmonger.

That being said, hyponatremia is a thing, but you're probably not going to hit it on 80-100 oz a day unless you either are wrong and are consuming way more and doing this every single day. But to avoid it, just listen to your bodies signals. If you're really not thirsty, then don't drink water.

I still vote for it just being a cold.
  • JenniferMontenegro
    Options
    A cold lasting a few months that has no other symptoms other than a sore throat?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NO
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    ITS PROBABLY NOT RELATED AT ALL
    U NEED TO GO TO A DR
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    time to get rid of the water.
    VODKA!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I would agree with hydration overdrive syndrome. If I'm not paying attention, I will end up not drinking anything in an entire day except maybe a cup of coffee and a few sips from the glass of water I keep at my bedside. When I catch myself doing that and start drinking more water, I start feeling crazy thirsty, absolutely parched, and my tongue and throat bother me. It all settles out eventually.
  • JenniferMontenegro
    Options
    See that's what I figured that my body just wasn't use to it and it would go away but 2 months later it still bothers me.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Toxinz
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    Also, you only need 64 oz of fluids a day. Anything more than that will put you at risk for water intoxication (which can be deadly).

Sorry this just isn't true. More than 64 oz isn't instant death. The whole "8 glasses a day" is a pure myth and a completely random number. Everyone is different. Plenty of people drink upwards of 120 oz a day with no side effects. Please don't be a fearmonger.

That being said, hyponatremia is a thing, but you're probably not going to hit it on 80-100 oz a day unless you either are wrong and are consuming way more and doing this every single day. But to avoid it, just listen to your bodies signals. If you're really not thirsty, then don't drink water.

I still vote for it just being a cold.

^^This.. 64oz isn't going to give you water intoxication. Water intoxication mostly occurs when water is being consumed in a high quantity without giving the body the proper nutrients it needs to be healthy. (wikipedia)

I drink anywhere from 1.5-2 gallons of water a day... I have never had water intoxication, If you eat right you don't need to worry.

In my opinion though the two happened (increased water and the throat) at the same time they most likely aren't related. I am not a Dr, and knowing you haven't been in 5 yrs probably a good idea to go. My vote is post nasal drip.. I get it ALL the time. Your sinus drain down your throat and cause it to be raw.
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yeah, check and make sure you aren't having a post nasal drip and use a Brita water pitcher. Just remember to change your filter often and keep it in a cool place (like the fridge!) if you leave your filter out in a warm place for more than a few days be sure to change it. Mold grows easily in the filters. I keep mine in the fridge and the water is delicious and I don't have to worry about the filter getting yucky.
  • berry83sweet
    berry83sweet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Get your thyroid checked too. Could be an allergy
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You are drinking too much water. Headaches with those symptoms needs looked at. Muscle cramps? Hyponatremia. Google the symptoms and water intoxication. might only be slight. I bet if you back off the water both will go away. Other thing is low blood sugars can cause both thirst and headaches. Good luck!

A person would have to drink something like 3 gallons of water in 10 minutes to risk water intoxication. Low blood sugar is possible, but I don't think it accounts for the sore throat. I'm voting with whoever said that OP may just be getting sick. Or maybe it is a seasonal allergy.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    The guy who works with dead people is voting allergy. Never mind that he's nowhere near being medical folk, he's still voting allergy.

But seriously though, there are things that start throwing around pollen and junk around mid-May so it's plausible.