New here and need help!

Options
Hey! New here and excited to start. I am trying to lose 40-50 lbs and tone up. Been going to the gym for about a month for 4-5 nights a week and not really seeing results. I definitely have more stamina and endurance. Also have increased my weights but have not lost one lb or seen any difference!!!!!!!! wondering if anyone can give me advice as to what to do workout wise. Not really sure what the best diet option is for my body type...any advice or encouragement would be appreciated! Add me if you'd like!

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    So many variables....are you eating at a caloric deficit?

Are you changing workout routines or increasing intensity?
  • KtAnne388
    KtAnne388 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am just using the weight machines, one day ill use all the arms then the next day legs and so on. I usually do rotate between the bikes elliptical and cross trainer machines afterwards. Ill use the weight loss program on the machine on level 10. Or on hill or interval. I think some days i am not eating back the calories and other days i go over. I also do NOT have a regular sleep schedule and have not been sleeping much at all. Maybe the sleep is a big thing?
  • mrsleonard12
    mrsleonard12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    no expert here, just informing based on experience. I think weight loss works a lot better when you mix up the workouts. I started going to the gym back in April and I was just doing machines too and It yielded no results. try to do things you like to do or may want to try to mix in with machine workouts like dancing or tennis. Also try adding more cardio. That helps get down the weight, As far as eating, try tracking your food on here. There should be a deficit in calorie intake and burn to lose weight. And drink lots of water!!!
    Hope it helps ::) anyone feel free to add
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I had to change up my routine, I was doing water aerobics 4x a week and swimming. I am losing inches but no weight. She said I had to change it up. Now I do circuit 3x and water 2x. Just started doing this. I looking for results also! Good Luck.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    If you "think" you may not be eating back exercise calories, does this mean you aren't logging everything you eat? That would be the most likely culprit for why you are having difficulty. If you don't track, or you do but you guess at how much you are eating, there is a good chance that you are underestimating how much you are eating. You may also be overestimating your exercise burns and eating back more than you should With your diary set to private, it's tough to give specific advice.