I've started here a few days ago and have not introduce myse

Options
Hello all,,,

I'm glad I found this site, so far so good. I'm enjoying it alot.

Its nice to see this site especially for the support. And this is something I definetely need more than anything so I am going to try and stick it out and not slack on checking on here at least once daily...

I am trying to stay motivated as much as possible and there are days that are so hard for me. My biggest problem is that I don't emotinally eat... I emotionally DRINK :sad: which is so so bad and I have my reason or stupid excuses :frown:

My husband is no support at all !!! and I am a foreigner in another country so I don't really have many friends for support either and doing everything basically "On my Own". But I wont let that get me down I cannot. My husband makes terrible comments about my weight constintatly like Fat Bas*** just to name a few, and said that he was unfaithful because of my weight as well... But then wants to come in with a pizza and force me to eat with him and gets angry when I refuse. :brokenheart: It's not going that well and I think that I would perform and do so much better if I was completely "On my Own" with just me and my son only.

Anyway at the moment I'm 87 kilos. I was 110 kilos about 4 months ago and lost that much myself, without excercise. I think it was stress weightloss as been through alot of trauma this last year. But since that loss I have joined a gym and go 4 to 5 times a week. No loss as yet that I notice on the scales, clothes seem looser but no loss in numbers. I would like to get between 55 and 65 kilos by January if that is even possible...:indifferent:

Anyway :ohwell: thanks for this site and good luck to everyone. I hope for the best. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Maggie1960
    Options
    Welcome to the site - you'll find the support you need here. Concentrate on your own needs and those of your son - ignore your husband for now, he sounds toxic. Take care and please add me as a friend if you want, I have good shoulders to cry on if you need it:flowerforyou:

Maggie xxx
  • Kevster75
    Options
    Hey & Welcome to MFP. :smile:

Wow..
    You're trying to endure alot there..
    You gotta stop the drink and start taking responsibility for yourself - it's you in charge of your life.
    The weight is one issue - but the husband is another.
    If he's dealing with a bad patch in his life, then he needs to get help before it kills the relationship.
    If he's just an *kitten* and has no interest in admitting fault for anything then get a divorce asap and get away from him because he's not making your life easy or enjoyable!
    Again, you're in charge of yourself and your life. *NOT* Your husband.
    Once you have self -esteem and self-belief again, I don't think you will have a weight issue.

Good Luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I think you have made a huge step by recognizing you stress drink. That is awesome. You need to stop it for your own health and for your son (I'm the child of two stress-drinking parents). As far as hubby goes, really do this for you, not because he is making rude comments.

You can do this!

(((BIG HUGS)))
  • immortala
    Options
    Hi,

I only started a couple of days ago and have already had so much support and encouragement. You sound like your having a really hard time of it, losing weight is hard enough without the stress and hassle you are getting. Well done for losing weight already and I bet after a while here you' ll lose the weight you want to get rid of and have so many new friends.

I have to agree with the others your husband sounds toxic, if you can't leave him or it just a bad patch your going to have to learn to block him out until you decide on your next move x
  • diegogirl
    Options
    Thankx all for the words of support and encouragement. I really appreciate it.. And you are right, He is "Toxic" a poison that is worse than the worst viruses on the planet. And to be honest I've had just about enough !!!... And I'm doing everything I need to for "ME" and my son..... I refuse to be taken advantage of and exploited by anyone !!!!.....

I finally passed my UK driving test as well, thanx God... My USA license was no longer good here so I had to retake the test so was 3 month without driving and have been taking 2 buses just to get to the gym.. So I'm grateful now I can take my boy to school and go to gym, makes things a whole lot easier for me. HAHA but since I havent been driving my car the last 3 months battery died HAHAHAHAHA but thats ok, could be worse. I can't wait to keep ploughing on and on and reach my goal, I'm gonna really love myself for the hard work :love:
  • nursmem
    nursmem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome Diegogirl!!!

You have so much going on in your life right now...and still are looking up. Good for you! I want to encourage you to keep you and your son as a priority. I hate that you are having to hear such hurtful comments from the one person who should be able to lean on....and you do deserve better. You sound like a good person in a difficult season....and that's what it is. I have been where you are...and life can be sweet again.

I am new to MFP and have really been encouraged in the short time I have plugged in to this site. I had been trying to lose on my own by counting calories and had lost about 25 lbs. in (3) months, but... was beginning to weaken and get bored. I think what has helped me the most is to keep a daily food journal. When I have totally blown it...I write it down anyway (and that hurts)...and move on.... Over time...I have had fewer slips and that's progress.

Know this...you are not alone...in your wanting to improve on your health...and in life in general. There are lots of really good people out there who.do care. Hang in there....and sign me up as sone of your MFP frients. We CAN do this!!!!: