Insanity

Options
Who has done insanity here? Need some tips if you have?

Replies

• jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    I've completed one round and am now just keeping it in my workout rotation because i like it so much. As for tips: push yourself, but don't try to keep up with them. Eat enough with plenty of protein. Plenty of rest and water. Land softly and keep your core tight, just like Shaun T says. Stretch, a lot. Recovery workouts suck, but they help in the long run in my opinion. That's all i can come up with right now. i hope this helps you out. FR me if you want.
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    Hey! I've done one round am I just started the second round. My advice to you is listen to your body. I really had to modify the jumps at first because it was giving me knees and ankles trouble. Also, just stick with it. 6 days a week is hard to maintain, but it is soooo worth it in the end!!

I have a Insanity and Clean eating group here if you would like to join us. It's a great way to stay motivated!! :)
  • MonikaPetrackova
    Options
    Ok then, sounds easy :D guess it won't be :D thank you for your advise. Just put of interest what device is the best to measure calories burnt durning insanity ?
  • MonikaPetrackova
    Options
    Hey! I've done one round am I just started the second round. My advice to you is listen to your body. I really had to modify the jumps at first because it was giving me knees and ankles trouble. Also, just stick with it. 6 days a week is hard to maintain, but it is soooo worth it in the end!!

I have a Insanity and Clean eating group here if you would like to join us. It's a great way to stay motivated!! :)

I'd love to join !!
  • tomoswilding
    tomoswilding Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's tough, it's tiring, but it's a whole lot of fun when you get in to it!

As people have said here, go as hard and as fast as you can but don't try to keep up with them - especially with things like Power Jumps and Level 2 Drills. Also, recovery is as important as Shaun T says in the video, (I found that very cold baths or showers and a decent protein-rich meal was a good way of easing aches and pains after a workout!)

Good luck with it! If you get through that first month you'll feel such a sense of achievement :)
  • Phil666
    Phil666 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fitbit seems a good all rounder for calorie burn - and the app can link to MFP.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

Fitbit isn't going to be terribly useful for insanity. Too much variation in movements, jumping, shoulder work, etc. A chest strap-style heart rate monitor will give you the best estimate of your burns you are likely to get.
  • MonikaPetrackova
    Options
    It's tough, it's tiring, but it's a whole lot of fun when you get in to it!

As people have said here, go as hard and as fast as you can but don't try to keep up with them - especially with things like Power Jumps and Level 2 Drills. Also, recovery is as important as Shaun T says in the video, (I found that very cold baths or showers and a decent protein-rich meal was a good way of easing aches and pains after a workout!)

Good luck with it! If you get through that first month you'll feel such a sense of achievement :)

I'm in so much pain!!!! My legs are just going crazy :D I bought some protein milk shake for tonight but I know I have to get some protein supplements soon. Any suggestion ?
  • MonikaPetrackova
    Options

Fitbit isn't going to be terribly useful for insanity. Too much variation in movements, jumping, shoulder work, etc. A chest strap-style heart rate monitor will give you the best estimate of your burns you are likely to get.

Thanks for that x I'm going to look it up now!