Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Storing Protein Shake in Fridge?

hi,

due to the fact that my dishwasher decided to die on me, i'm thinking of pre-preparing my daily protein shake in a larger dose and putting it in the fridge so i don't have to mix it every day anew (e.g. prepare 1200ml to last for two or three days) - is this a bad idea?

steve

Replies

• Try it once and decide. I personally didn't like it. I made one for breakfast and made extra for my afternoon snack and didn't like the taste at all. I won't do it again. Yuck!
  • themagicschu
    themagicschu Posts: 17 Member
    oh ok, thanks - i guess i will try it out and see if it works

steve
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Did it, done it, wont do it again. Tasted like crap after a few days.

I do however make them in advance the night before.
  • themagicschu
    Synapze: that was more or less the idea - i don't want to store them a few days but maybe overnight, but thanks for the info - if it tastes crappy i'll stay with preparing them on time :)

steve
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    According to most manufacturers, it should be consumed within 20 minutes. In the fridge, it should be fine for several hours despite those recommendations. I wouldn't recommend going any longer than that as the reason it tastes like a** after X period of time is because of the formation of harmful bacteria.

:laugh: love the saying tastes like a**
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    If you changed the milk to a non-dairy alternative, you'd probably get more out of it, but I'm not sure how it would taste. :smile:
  • themagicschu
    since i'm not a big fan of the strawberry taste already, i think i'll pass when it comes to adding additional a** to it, but thanks for the info! :laugh:

steve