freezer meals

Options
SandyQ229
SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
hello all,

i am trying to prep as much as i can on the weekends now to eat throughout the week. i have no time to cook during the week. i work afternoons and midnights. and i have discovered that when i don't prep or prepare i end up eating take out and vending machine crap for my meals. please help me out. what do you prep and freeze meal wise?? please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• frenchii369
    Options
    Healthy chicken and rice casserole
    Turkey meatballs
    I can cooked two chicken in my crockpot and shredded the meat in good portions and then just pull out of the freezer to top on salad or rice
    canned tuna in water isnt so bad
    and vegtable and fruit are nature's fast food :)
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    thanks!!
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I always make a big pot of beef or chicken soup using the left over veggies from the week.
    Gives me lunches for the week then and I keep it interesting with herbs/spices and different vegetable combinations :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If you have a slow cooker, you can make great batch meals like a healthy chili or something without lots of effort. I make a rule to only eat what i bring in to work, so i make up a sandwich and weigh out my fruit and then I have no reason to go to the canteen. If there are cakes in the staffroom I avoid them - if someone offers or "reminds" me I either say "I'll pop back later" or "I've had my share" (because my share is 0 if I don't want it!!) whichever is appropriate.

You can also make individual shepherd's pie, stews (including potatoes) etc. and freeze them in a non-metallic dish then microwave at work.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I make chilli, spcicy lentil stew, turkey chilli and soups that I freeze. Just make some brown rice for 2 days and then you are sorted for the chilli. The lentil stew is better heated up actually. I bring my food to work every day and on my lazy days, I just grab one of them from the freezer.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Shepherds/cottage pie, casseroles, curries, spagetti bolognaise.

All home made. I just make extra, portion it out into contains like you get at the takeaway, label and freeze! It works well when I am feeling lazy because I can just grab something from the freezer and reheat.
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I freeze pretty much every sauce I make, then make up the rice/pasta/veggies on the day. Sauces like sweet and sour chicken, stew (minus dumplings), bolognaise, sausage casserole etc. are always in the freezer as emergency back ups. I have also frozen mashed potatoes, but they take on a lot of water, so need quite a lot of cooking to dry back to 'normal' consistency!