I need opinions on this!!!

Options
Hey everyone!Yesterday I started a new diet(you can check my diary-it's open.You should also know that I didn't really skip breakfast today,but I woke up at 10:30 and I said that I should eat my first snack(which were some fruit).The thing is,I eat healthy , but I'm not reaching 1200 calories a day and I'm not even near.It's not like I'm starving of something.I make sure that when I leave the table I'm not full or hungry.I wanted to know if it is bad to eat so few calories even though it's clean eating. :)

I also started yesterday the 30 Day Shred and I'm doing the Fat Melting Routine from blogilates 4 times a day and then a pilates video on a part of the body(yesterday it was legs and thighs).I workout almost an hour/day.Should I have 1 or 2 rest days?

Thanks everybody for taking time to respond to this topic. :)

P.S.: I'm not the girl in the profile picture(a lot of people asked me if that was me)

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    My opinion? You are under-eating to a serious extent. Google the effects of long term under-eating, they aren't pretty, and you won't be either.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013?hl=road+map+2013

work out a realistic and healthy calorie limit, and yes, take rest days. They are just as important as exercise.
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lauren. However, a quick look at your diary - it has a lot of "quick add calories". Are you sure you are actually recording the right number for those foods? You might be underestimating and be worryingly needlessly about your calorie intake.

However, I would also suggest going easy on the exercise. I note in your profile that you want to get fit and healthy (great) but that you also want to be a nicer person. That's a noble goal, but remember that being a nice person has nothing to do with how good you are at punishing yourself with a restrictive diet and demanding workout routine.

Be easy on yourself. Improve yourself - YES! Live and enjoy life to the full - YES! Punish yourself - NO!.

Good luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you seem to have missed all of the actual FOOD out of your diary? fruit is not a balance diet!
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    you are going to make yourself sick this way. eat a balanced diet and make sure you're not leaving more than a 1000 calorie deficit. I fail to see how you're not hungry with that diet especially with the work outs you're doing.

you are eating small enough amounts and doing enough excersize where your body will go into starvation mode.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters. There is NO WAY this is enough food. You can't just eat fruit. It's not a balanced diet. You are not giving your body enough of what it needs...
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    T R O L L ?
  • EatPrayLove02
    Options
    hey!hey! HEY! It's only 1:21 PM here and now I was boiling 2 eggs and making a salad with green salad,a cucumber, a medium tomato and olive oil and lemon dressing.
  • EatPrayLove02
    Options
    The day is not over yet and I know that eating only fruit is not good-that's why I wanted you to check the yesterday entry (7/22/2013)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    The day is not over yet and I know that eating only fruit is not good-that's why I wanted you to check the yesterday entry (7/22/2013)

I did check yesterdays entry - 620 calories?
    The day before - 535 calories?

Were you looking for approval?

Also, your diary consists of mainly quick added calories. so we have no idea if the pitiful amount you are actually eating is even healthy.

I smell troll, tbh.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

i was referring to yesterday 600 cals of fruit and 'quick adds'....
  • chloeobe
    chloeobe Posts: 72
    Options
    You should be eating your 1200 calories, I try to do this daily even though some days i struggle. Try making up the deficit my eating high calorie healthy snacks such as bananas, full fat yoghurt and nuts. But seriously your body needs those 1200 to function if you dont eat them youll notice the effects. Also try wearing a heart rate monitor and Polar watch and log all your activity calories. If your only eating your BMR calories you need to watch your activity level, and start eating some of those back too.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    My opinion? You are under-eating to a serious extent. Google the effects of long term under-eating, they aren't pretty, and you won't be either.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013?hl=road+map+2013

work out a realistic and healthy calorie limit, and yes, take rest days. They are just as important as exercise.
    KmE27SP.gif

Knowledge- getcha some
  • gastlysmom
    gastlysmom Posts: 28
    Options
    I have long been studying nutrition so I feel I can answer you with an educated answer.
    Your body absolutely must have fuel to exercise. A banana in the morning is okay of you are on your way to the gym. Be sure to drink drink drink... before during and after !
    and then EaT when you are done working out. Don't be stupid. you'll end up in the hospital. You arent eating enough to sustain life. Are you looking for affirmation?
    If so , just ask. Don't jeopardize your health by starving yourself.
    Are you overweight or are you trying to get skinny instead of healthy.
    I have been on weight watchers in the past and not eaten my daily points and actually gained weight (although I wasn't exercising). I hope you aren't planning on looking like the girl in the pic.
  • EatPrayLove02
    Options
    Yesterday I put a note about the "quick added calories and the food it consists of.
  • EatPrayLove02
    Options
    @gastlysmom No,I don't. Actually , I'd like to have some abs.Something like this: http://weheartit.com/entry/67445734
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You really need to be educated about what you're doing, because if your diary is right, then it's reflecting an ED.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    As everyone has said you're under-eating to an extreme extent. This may help you with working out your calorie goals: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • MrsWillard13
    Options
    There is such a thing as healthy fats. You should be eating them. Starving yourself won't get you the look you're going for. My meals are all a mix of protein, starch(HEALTHY ones) and veggies. You can eat clean with more than just bits of lettuce and cucumber. Another good idea is to have a prep day. Then you're not scrambling to put a meal together.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Pro-Ana ridiculousness.
    Eat or go elsewhere.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I remember a very similar thread by someone who had that exact same profile pic who either deactivated or got banned after asking people to assure her her ED/ana diet was ok.

No. No, it is not ok. You know it is not ok, or you wouldn't have asked. You're looking for either assurance that what you're doing is ok - which I truly hope you do not get - or you are looking for a reason to get angry and indignant at people telling you that what you're doing isn't right, because by being angry at the "haters" you can continue to assure yourself that you're doing good, and everyone else are just being jerks.

Get help.