Insanity question

Options
Hey hey everyone! Yesterday I completed my 4th day of insanity and did something terrible to my lower back!! I'm sure it was my form that was messed up towards the end of the video, but I am thinking that there is no way I'll be able to do my workout today or possible tomorrow. Is there anyone else who has done this workout, but needed to take a few days of a break because of injury? Will this totally mess me up? Thanks ya'll!!!

Replies

• ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This is an insane workout. I did it and was fine, having to modify some things do due my knees. But I have a friend who also tweaked her lower back and had to stop. My advice would be to stop the workout and talk to your doctor before you finish. It is an intense workout so any injuries should be taken seriously.
  • oceanchica
    oceanchica Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was fine the first time I completed Insanity, but when I started it again a few months later I had knee trouble! All the jumping did NOT help, so I ended up finding something a bit lower impact instead. I know my husband has back issues and sometimes tweaks a nerve or muscle and could never attempt Insanity as it's just too much for him.

Maybe see how you feel in a few days, or like ChgingMe said, speak to your doctor to make sure you don't do any permanent damage!

Hope it feels better soon x
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hey hey everyone! Yesterday I completed my 4th day of insanity and did something terrible to my lower back!! I'm sure it was my form that was messed up towards the end of the video, but I am thinking that there is no way I'll be able to do my workout today or possible tomorrow. Is there anyone else who has done this workout, but needed to take a few days of a break because of injury? Will this totally mess me up? Thanks ya'll!!!

you're injured.
    i'd restart in a week.
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Take a break and heal. I have been trying to do Insanity. I am severely out of shape and find I cannot do it every day as I get to sore and my form suffers, but I figure every workout I can do is one more towards my goal. Sometimes I only do 2 Insanity a week and on other days I bike, walk and lift weights.
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yup, it sucked too. I tweaked my knee 2nd week of Month 2. Took a week off, came back and tweaked my back. I was almost to the end, but missed too much time. I say listen to your body!

Now, when I re-start it, I will only do it 3-4 times a week. 6 times a week at that level was excessive for my body. Fatigue leads to bad form which leads to injury.
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I know that's what happened to me too. I did pure cardio yesterday and was so DEAD towards the end of the workout that I must have had some messed up form and that's what screwed my back up. Uuugggghhhhh...I HATE to take a break, but I know I needs to. Thanks everyone..
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just started my second month of Insanity yesterday. But I had the same problem when I first started. In the first week I tweeked my back, I think it was from doing ski abs or something. It probably happened b/c my abs arent very strong and I wasnt using proper form because of it. I was able to do the workout the next day but my pain wasnt bad. So it just depends on you, listen to your body! Theres no point in hurting yourself further.

Sometimes if I was super sore or just to tired I would change up the order of the workouts for that week and just do the recovery DVD that day instead of doing it on Thursday. Theres no shame in taking time to heal. The better you feel the harder you can workout!