Done nothing put put on weight over past 5years

Options
Hey All,

Time to introduce myself I think... I am 22 years old, have a gorgeous Fiancée (also on here) and a even more gorgeous 3 year old daughter... Reason I have joined the site is because I have finally decided enough is enough, over the past 5years I have done nothing but put on weight, don't get me wrong 5 years ago I was 10st and I am 6'1" so I was WAY to thin but these days I am offically Obese.

A large part of it will be one moving out of my parents and into my own home with my Fiancee and freedom what I could eat, but I think also quitting smoking 5 years ago... Don't get me wrong I would never go back to smoking but I do think that was a major factor to my previously slender size.

Thanks for reading.

Ceri (Aka Cezz)

Edit: I do understand that my avatar isn't the best picture for a dieting site (me munching down on a hotdog) but it is the nicest picture I have of me and my daughter ATM

Replies

• grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I used to smoke and sure gained after I quit..but quitting is the best thing I did and I am now losing weight and getting healthy...You can do it too!! Welcome to MFP!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Ceri! You've found a great place to get on track. Good luck!!
  • cezz
    cezz Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for the great welcome... I was fine with a little weight loss and after about a year or two when I was around 11/12st people were saying I looked better... but it just continued and continued so now its time for a change...
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Way to start your new journey! Good luck! :)
  • beth2411
    beth2411 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi, I am 32 years old and done nothing but put on weight for the last ten years. I have gained a stone each year. My weight gaining starting point was meeting my husband 13 years ago, just comfort and being so happy but now 13 years on still as happy with my husband but my health is suffering. This is a brand new start for me and my husband. Hope this is the way forward for us all. Good luck to you and your partner.
    Beth
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Wow who would of thought a sweet potato burger could be that much... but hey don't beat yourself up about being a bit over - you need to be 500 over every day for a week to put on 1 lb. Learn and move on .. thanks for the warning about the burger -