Advise please!!

Options
Hi .
I'm wondering if I need to do all this exercise.I walk a minimum of 1hr per day.slowest pace 3miles.but mainly I do 10mile 2hour walks.plus I've been doing 40min cardio on top then callenetics 3times a week...I'm starting to get very tired...do I need to do the cardio n on top of my walks...I feel lazy if I've only walked 3miles in an hour...advise please

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    up the intensity not the distance.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    My personal, biased, advice would be to eat more, and start running instead of walking. But then, I never count walking no matter how much I do (I have a dog, so I cou t it as part of my lifestyle).
    Also, throw in at least one rest day a week, and random ones when you feel you are dragging your feet just getting yourself out of bed in the morning...
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I would cut back on some of the walking and add something more effective like strength training or some shorter runs. Walking two hours a day is a big time commitment and not sure you will get the results you are looking for.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you're in decent shape, walking is not going to cut it anymore. Strength train or run to up the intensity. The harder the work out, the less you have to do it.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I walk my 10 000 steps a day and have lost 26 lbs. Now I want to tone up so am doing some other types of exercise... I can't run due to hips and knees - Walking works for me.

I'm off during the summer so I have the luxury of doing more... don't know what it will look like in Sept. when I go back to work.
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If walking makes you feel good then do it. I do feel you are doing a whole lot of cardio and no strength. Cut out some of the cardio and add some strength training to you workout, maybe 3 times a week. Also, make sure you are eating enough to compensate for all that exercise.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Figure out what your TDEE is and eat less that that, within your macros. (I'm losing steadily at 1900 cals and 35P/35C/30F).

Lift weights and walk. Sleep well. (The only other cardio I do is a little bit of HIIT if I need the stress release.)

Best of luck. :)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Hi .
    I'm wondering if I need to do all this exercise.I walk a minimum of 1hr per day.slowest pace 3miles.but mainly I do 10mile 2hour walks.plus I've been doing 40min cardio on top then callenetics 3times a week...I'm starting to get very tired...do I need to do the cardio n on top of my walks...I feel lazy if I've only walked 3miles in an hour...advise please

Just wanted to say WOW! You walk 10 miles in 2 hrs. You are really speed walking!
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think I need to explain...callenetics is strenght training. I gain muscle really easily and can bulk up so i dont like how that looks..I find callenetics creates great shape ..it suits me ..thats done at least three times a week for an hour. I used to do an hour of cardio plus the walking...and im wondering if its too much. I am not looking to loose weight ...i enjoy exercise and dont mind working out every day ...
    running is not an option for me..Maybe I jujst do extra cardio every other day!!..I love to dance and I make up my ow routines and do some dvds everynow and then plus step aerobics.
    Thanks everyone