Is it just me?

Options
Q - weightloss stall? -
A - sure it's definitiely due to starvation mode / dodgy metabolism / 1200 calories too low.

I mean, come on...NO!!!! I am so sick of hearing this trumped up crap advise. Is it just me?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    In for the $^!* fight

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif
  • LiezelWeasy
    Options
    bump
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I don't think 1200 Calories is too low...Do you have anymore details? How long has it been stalled?
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im not stalled, just making a general observation that whenever advise is asked for about weightloss stalls, 'some' people offer exceptionally bad advise. But thanks for offering a sane '1200' is not too low opinion :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't think 1200 Calories is too low...Do you have anymore details? How long has it been stalled?

What was that whooshing sound over my head????
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Q - weightloss stall? -
    A - sure it's definitiely due to starvation mode / dodgy metabolism / 1200 calories too low.

I mean, come on...NO!!!! I am so sick of hearing this trumped up crap advise. Is it just me?

Yes, because you're clearly missing the, "Open your diary, are you weighing your food, you should get an HRM for more accurate assessment of calorie burn" in the same topics.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Q - weightloss stall? -

mq1.jpg
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    *to advise or give/ask advice

just saying
  • RealKatieHislop
    RealKatieHislop Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories..

I am 23 and 5 ft 3 and it works for me but I do find that when I work out lots in a week and eat some.. not all.. of the calories back I lose more that week...

I also have been told that if you routinely do the same exercise your body can become used to it..
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what you're saying?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, have you ever noticed a significant portion of the people who write posts saying that they are stalled almost always start with, "I am ALWAYS way under my goal."

I set my calories to 1200 once for like a month, the first summer I was here and it made me cranky and swirlyheaded, even though I ate my exercise calories back too. So I went back to about 1400 for the duration of my weight loss. The only "stall" I ever had was when I switched my calories to maintenance due to a major illness.
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Q - weightloss stall? -

Well I am just wondering if you are feeling a little bored or something raking up this subject yet again - and as a 'by the way' I noticed after looking at your profile that you are 0 lbs lost and in fact have been 'a stable 118-122lbs for the past four years' - so I am wondering just how much experience you have in the whole health/weight loss area .... not meaning to be offensive - just saying :ohwell:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Q - weightloss stall? -

Yes, because you're clearly missing the, "Open your diary, are you weighing your food, you should get an HRM for more accurate assessment of calorie burn" in the same topics.
    aaand for emphasis.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I had a great meme for here, but I can't find it. So instead I'll say. You sound hangry op. Are you eating enough? cheers, God bless. :flowerforyou:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what you're saying?

Shes complaining again.

All I really got out of it was ...

talk-too-much-blah-blah-blah-o.gif
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    *to advise or give/ask advice

just saying

I'm sorry but please advise when MFP became an English language tutorial website?

Not cool to correct grammar when you do not know the background, they could be dyslexic ect. It's responses like this that make me mad, whether you realised it or not your being derogatory and if it was me you wrote this to, My back would be up!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    In, for the peanut butter sammiches!!!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

THIS x2
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

THIS x2

How many do you want? And do you prefer crunchy or smooth? Which kind should we force feed the OP with? Is this the same person complaining about cow milk? We need cow milk too. And a funnel.
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    OMG, it IS just me...no way!!!!