I'm 42 today! But starting a brand new me!

Options
So, I am going to do this this time. This time it's for ME! I'm (almost) divorced, getting my life in order, and trying to undo what the past 4 years have done to me. A short list: miscarriage, lost my parents 7 weeks apart, moved - twice, broke my shoulder, tore up a hip in a car acccident and a knee at work, had surgery on my hand and the cherry on top - found out my husband was having an affair and then he filed for a divorce! Woo Wee! My user name, my email and my lisence plate all say MYTMOM - Mighty Mom. That's what I used to be. I was strong and healthy and yes, much thinner, I was very pround of the body I had achieved and maintained after having two kids. I liked being noticed. Now, I have 70 pounds to loose and a lot of muscle and strength to get back. I still have chronic pain from the knee and shoulder along with back issues but those can no longer be an excuse to be lazy, drink too much, or feel sorry for myself. So, half a pound down, 69.5 to go! Who's with me?

Kelly
Mytmom

Replies

• adplus7
    Options
    That's great.
  • Happy Birthday to You,
    Happy Birthday to You
    Happy Birthday dear MTYMUM
    Happy Birthday to You

:flowerforyou:
  • ksblah
    Options
    Great to have you here!! I know you can do it! Good luck!
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    My gym has this printed on their shirts "It's all about me"!!!!! Even though you have kids and of course it's about them as well; but it needs to be about you right now. I wish you all the luck.
  • megamix12
    Options
    Wow you sure have been through the ringer the past 4 years! Its great that you are staying positive! I managed to lose 30 lbs between November and May by using this site (i track on my iphone religiously!). Though not quite as bad as you've had it, my past year has been a rough one. I lost several loved ones, watched my grandmother die slowly over a 4 month time period, was in a bad car accident (fracturing my collar bone) - all of which set me back tremendously. I dont have much upper body strength since the accident and I am very limited to what I can actually do in regards to working out. Since July 22 (when my grandma passed) I have gained around 10lbs and I am finding it extremely hard to get back on track. I do great during the week then Friday hits and its all down hill. I start my week feeling crappy from my weekend binges but nonetheless I am still trying! I walk during my morning & afternoon work breaks (sometimes even during lunch) and I recently started yoga once a week with some coworkers. I am hoping these activities will build up my strength so I can get back to the gym and return to my regular routine! Best of luck on your journey!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit, and a VERY HAPPY birthday to you! You sound very determined even after everything you've been through, and that's great! So sorry to hear about the miscarriage -- I've had 3 myself. Anyhow, you'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! God Bless You...You are MYTMOM!!!! Under all those unfortunate circumstances is a silver lining. You have the power to do it and I believe that you will do it. I feel you have such an internal strength that I know you will achieve what you set out to do. So bye bye 70 lbs hello to a stronger new you!!!! :flowerforyou:

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:drinker:

Lana
  • mytmom
    Options
    I am on Facebook, actually way too much, LOL! I'll look for your group! I need all the support I can get right now.