Journey to 70

Options
Hi! I am new to MyFitnessPal, but have been working on my journey since July 3rd.

About me: Workaholic, mother of 3 (18, 15, 13), live quite a sedentary lifestyle -- am hoping to change that.

I am looking to network, share stories/tips and basically....keep the enthusiasm up.

Shoot me a reply...

Replies

• lissakay
    Options
    Welcome! and congrats for the 27 lbs lost already!

I just started my journey on Monday and really like this site.
  • Lose4Good2
    Lose4Good2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Seems like a pretty comprehensive site. I am looking forward to using it.
    How is your journey fairing so far? Are you feeling good?
  • ymccoyedu
    Options
    Wow that is great! 27 pounds since July? Please share what you are doing to lose the weight. I have lost inches but the weight loss has been up and down. Give me some tips on keeping off. I go up and down.
  • lissakay
    Options
    This site is really fun....I like all the motivation from everyone, keeps me going...I just started this week, but so far so good. I'm already in a better mood all the time and have more energy just from eating better and working out....

I've already realized that it helps to add a lot of people as friends because they are very motivating....the more friends the more motivation you have....and I'm curious like ymccoyedu, how did you lose the 27 pounds?
  • Lose4Good2
    Lose4Good2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been going to a nutritionist. Changing eating habits goes a long way. I was never a big eater and not a snacker. Rather, I would skip breakfast work through lunch and have a big dinner (and just before bed after kids sports). Further, Starbucks was a norm and soda/diet soda throughout the day. Twice a week keeps me motivated (as I am weighed regularly and thus held accountable).

I have not had any coffee (not sure how white chocolate mocha is really coffee anyway) and soda is few and far between. Lots, and lots and lots of water. I try to eat five meals a day, targeting portions smaller than my fist. Lots of veggies and fruit and again, lots and lots of water. Watching calories - 1200/day, low-fat, low-carbs. I do not count any more, as I have a pretty good idea of what I can/can't eat but definitely watch the intake

I am then getting up from my desk and trying to walk. Making the effort to personally visit co-workers (even in other buildings) instead of email or phone, walking during my daughter's soccer practice. Not sure I would categorize it as exercise - just getting active.

That's about it - changing my eating habits. You both are on the right track -- keep it going.

[Remember, the larger you are the easier it is to lose weight. I was a lot bigger than you so it is a bit easier. The more I lose the less progression between weigh-ins that I see.]