Pedometer

Options
Anyone have any suggestions on a good pedometer to purchase? Or are they not worth picking up?

Thanks!

Kristi

Replies

• bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I bought one from Amazon. I really like it. Here is the link. I also think they are very important in seeing your progress.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-Digital-Pocket-Pedometer/dp/B0000U1OCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1283902241&sr=8-1
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    I love my pedometer for many reasons. I use it to track my steps. It has been advised to get in 10,000 steps (nearly 5 miles) a day. So, if for nothing else I use it during my walks (exercise for me) and attempt to get at least half of those out of the way in the morning (one hour). I got mine free in the mail from a website that offers freebies. Mine is by Nature's Bounty, but that promotion has now ended. Good luck, I think it is wonderful.
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    OHHHHHH, I almost forgot they have a neat one at Walmart. It adjusts to running or walking and has other wonderful features.
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    I like my pedometer but I think the heart rate monitor is better. The pedometer does consider your weight and the speed you are going but I get a better reading on what I am burning from the HRM. It also helps me track whether I am in working at an optimal fat burning rate. Just a thought.
  • bree1609
    Options
    I bought mine from GNC for around $15. It tells me how many steps, miles, kilometers, and calories burned. :-)
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'd have to echo that a decent HRM is a better setup than a pedometer. That being said, it's still a good motivator and tracking tool.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love my pedometer. I bought it from superstore for 10$ and i've been using it for months now. I don't use it as much as I used to though because I have a HRM but it definitely has a time and place for me.
  • jill07
    jill07 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been using Life fitness Active step pedometer (bought at CVS) which I believe is the similar to Omron one I had originally bought off amazon. I have used for the past few years and found it to be the most accurate (I have a garmin GPS watch I use for running and when I compared it against the pedometer it was pretty close). Once you add in your ht/wt and age it calculates calories. It also shows steps, miles, calories and minutes walked continously. You can look at your stats for the last 7 days on the pedometer but the best part is that it comes w/ a USB cable that you can connect to your computer and download. You can then graph your progress, set goals etc. This pedometer comes w/ a clip but you can also put in a pocket or bag and works just as well- it isnt' position sensitive. Usually costs between $30-40 dollars, may seem a bit pricey but I have been using the same one for quite a while. Hope this helps!

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-720ITFFP-Pedometer-Advanced-Management/dp/B003U3HMN2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1283905381&sr=8-2
  • maggiemay20
    Options
    I just have a $5 walmart one that only does steps b/c I just want to get in my 10,000 in a day. One day I will move up to a fancy one !!
  • wyld187
    Options
    I got the Omron HJ112 Pedometer and it is great. Easy to use and has all the features you need.

You can get more information if you visit the site below. There are thousands of great reviews on this product.

http://omron-hj112-pedometer.blogspot.com