Advice please

Options
Hi there, can anyone advise me on what I can do to stop myself feeling so tired after I exercise? I am usually so ready to fall into bed by 8-9pm but I want to be able to last longer.

Replies

• prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It mostly happens with your body not getting proper nutrition for working out...Are you taking a multi vitamin...Also after workout what do you eat? Are you exercising too much too soon...Body needs time to adapt.Eat a high protein and carb meal to refuel you...Your muscles need to recover from the exercise.You are eating pretty good..Make a recovery shake with Protein powder and bananas...Cant suggest anything else...Do you eat your TDEE-20% to lose weight...Need to know your goals and stats...Your diary looks great..
  • stacetherainbow
    Options
    Diary is closed, so it would be difficult to say exactly. And even then, still difficult. Are you getting enough carbs? Protein? Sleep? All are necessary to keep you going.
    Are you pushing yourself too hard? When are you exercising? Maybe you should switch the time of day.
    Best of luck
  • joolsmitchell
    joolsmitchell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    No I'm not taking anything other than what I eat..I do try to eat something high in protein with a little carbs an hour and a half before i exercise, but I don't eat anything after..maybe thats where I am going wrong? so do you think I should try whey protein for after my workout? (regarding my diary...thank you) Also I am on the deficit advised by MFP
  • joolsmitchell
    Options
    I have opened my diary...I usually exercise between 2 and 5 as thats my only real free time. I do also go on walks in the evenings with my daughter sometimes.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    so do you think I should try whey protein for after my workout?

It doesn't have to be whey. Lots of people like a glass of chocolate (or strawberry or coffee, if you prefer) milk. Pretty much anything to help the replenishment process start.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not getting enough sleep
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I exercise in the mornings...don't know if they'll help you? Drink more water?
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    It's usually a couple of things - Diet (quick glance at your diary & you're not under eating which is good), not getting enough sleep, or low iron levels. Also you should eat something after you workout regardless of your energy level
  • joolsmitchell
    Options
    I do know that my sleep isn't always the best as I have to get up several times a night due to Fibroids. I am on Iron supplements and my last count was normal. I drink at least 2ltr water a day. So maybe i need something straight after my workout rather than leaving it almost 2 hours til dinner. Thanks for your advice..I will keep trying til I get it right.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    hydrate, electrolytes and a good protein shake!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Huh, and here I thought going to bed between 8-9 was normal
  • junkfood51
    junkfood51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do every piece of equipment in the gym before i do cardio. I just don't know what to list this equipment i do under exercise in my diary. Can someone help me? I want to get the credit for calories i burn.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi there, can anyone advise me on what I can do to stop myself feeling so tired after I exercise? I am usually so ready to fall into bed by 8-9pm but I want to be able to last longer.

400mg of caffeine
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I went back a week or two in your diary. You are averaging a net calorie intake of 1100-1300. Probably not enough, leading to fatigue. Are you taking any rest days as well? You can't work out every day of the week, ESPECIALLY on such a low amount of calories. You mentioned you're eating at the deficit that MFP recommends but you're not, you're leaving a couple hundred calories on the table every single day (the "Remaining" field). Try eating a little more and see if helps. Get a little more rest too.
  • joolsmitchell
    Options
    Thanks I will try and do that..I just find it hard sometimes to use those last cals without eating junk. i could try more fruit i guess. I do have a day off a week, some days I only do 30 mins others I do an hour. I really appreciate your input sometimes an extra pair of eyes is all it takes.