Skinny Mini Cupcakes! *MUST CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE*

Options

Replies

• FitnessWins
    Options
    This sounds soooo delicious. I'd rather do this and freeze them than buy the low fat mini-cakes in the store.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Made these on the weekend with red velvet cake mix and yogurt, they were so easy to make and tasted amazing!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • MustangSallyVA
    MustangSallyVA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • jaznon
    jaznon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Danielle0227
    Danielle0227 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • iamhisace
    iamhisace Posts: 9
    Options
    This is my all time favorite recipe ever! It's so simple to make, it comes out so creamy and soft everytime, and there are so many different variations you can make of it!

Skinny Mini Cupcakes

Yield: 48 cupcakes

Ingredients

For Cupcakes:
    ½ box cake mix (dry mix only)
    2 egg whites
    ½ cup water
    1 6 ounce container yogurt the same flavor as the cake mix
    1 tsp vanilla

Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Using cupcake liners, line two mini muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
    3. In a stand up mixer or using a hand mixer, mix dry cake mix, vanilla, egg whites, yogurt, and water until well mixed. Mix around 2-3 minutes.
    4. Using a spoon, evenly fill cupcake liners with cake batter.
    5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.

and thats it! No joke! That's all! I got this recipe from this link "http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/04/15/skinny-mini-red-velvet-cupcakes" but its just so free to alter!

When I first tried it, I made the red velvet cupcakes as the recipe says and for one cupcake it was 26 Calories, 4 Carbs, 1 Fat, 1 Protein, 3 Sugar, 1 Calcium.... YES ONLY 26 CALORIES!

I got so excited I couldn't believe it! The yogurt gave it a bright red color and it was so soft and creamy! Not only is it healthy it was the best red velvet anything I've ever had!!!!

So it got me thinking, what if I could make other type of cupcakes with this? And right away I had to try another recipe!

Next I made vanilla cupcakes (using Pillsbury Traditional Yellow Cake Mix and Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt) and they had the same creamy consistency! They were amazing! and guess what! These ones were only 19 calories! (19 Calories, 4 Carbs, 0 Fat, 1 Protein, 2 Sugar, 1 Calcium)

I can't wait to try out this recipe with more flavors, like lemon, orange, or banana! My next adventure will probably be strawberry! I also wanna try chocolate cake mix with cherry yogurt to see if it tastes like cherries and chocolate (that's my favorite flavor anything)

That's it for now, but seriously you NEED to try this out. K bye! (:

yum!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump to try!
  • sr_erick
    sr_erick Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I will definitely be giving this a try.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    bump
  • msfine2328
    msfine2328 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Thumpergt9
    Thumpergt9 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy.
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • talaysia3
    talaysia3 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to give this a try...I LOVE CAKE!!!!
  • Swats915
    Swats915 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try these!! Thanks!
  • thinlizzy608
    Options
    bump :) this is a MUST TRY!
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have to try this!
  • mmstone13