tilapia filets

Options
I need a good healthy way to cook some tilapia filets. I bought some and have no idea what to do with them. Any ideas?

Replies

• ilikeredlipstick
    Options
    I love baking them - toss together seasoned breadcrumbs, diced tomatoes and olive oil and spoon a tablespoon on top of each filet first.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I bake them too or use the broiler.
    They are really easy and you can use almost any flavor combination. I like to use citrus, (any kind will work but sweet and sour is really nice) and some heat like a red pepper flake. Simple lemon and rosemary is really good too.

I like to serve with quick steamed spinach and brown rice or quinoa.
  • starheart24
    Options
    Grill them! They are yummy!! Add a little lemon juice and seasoning and they are great!
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    One of my all time favorite!!

On the grill: in a foil packet layer fish with fresh squeezed lime juice and any other seasoning, top with fresh or frozen veggies, fold up packet and grill until flaky.

In the oven: in an 11 x 13 pyrex layer brown uncooked instant rice, fish with lime juice & seasonings (can drizzle with a little olive oil), top with fresh or frozen veggies, cover and bake until flaky. *May need to add a little water so the rice doesn't stick*

So many variations of this according to what you have/like....but my whole family loves it, even the kiddos! :love:
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Tiliapia is delicious and healthy. I always thought fish needed butter to taste good but I found a delicious and extra healthy way to eat it. I bake them, spray them with olive oil spray (doesn't need much) add some lemon pepper and a few minutes before they are done squeeze a bunch of lemon juice all over them. Trust me it's very good. It sounds boring but give it a try :)