Can someone evaluate my program? I am STUCK.

Options
Here is what a normal week looks like for me. I am not wanting to train to win fitness competitions.... But I want to have the "I work out look";)))) on a normal basis I run (7mhp)/high incline walk (4mph) on the treadmill for around 3 miles (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday) followed by 10-15mins of different HITT workouts. Tuesday and Thursday I go to Spin for 45mins (most the time followed by HITT) My workouts aren't crazy, but I feel they are enough, am I wrong? I'll open my diary I haven't logged in in a few days but other then the weekends (I can get crazy On my cheats... Well eat what other normal eating non working out people around me eat) they are pretty Consistent. Hope this makes sense!...typing on phone;) how can I better myself?... Really change my body.... I am 5'8" I weigh 141.... I am most Comfortable at 133-135.

Replies

• azbarrelracer1323
    azbarrelracer1323 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wednesday July 10th is a normal eating day
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    IIFYM Calculator - Google it, stick to it.

Lift more.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If you really want to change the look of your body build muscle. Bump your calories up to slightly above maintance and lift heavy weights. Building muscle means a smaller body.

When you lose weight you lose fat and muscle along the way. Building muscle gives you a better look.

Start tracking and logging everything. Weigh your foods, measure your liquids. Not tracking will not give you an accurate view of any results.
  • Creative_Sam
    Creative_Sam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Start lifting
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    If July 10 is a normal eating day, you may not be eating enough for the level of activity you do. Try bumping your calories up by 300-400.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy stuff. Repeat. Cut the cardio down.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Reduce cardio and increase strength training. I suggest looking into the books New Rules of Lifting for Women and Starting Strength.

With so little to lose your deficit should be small, set your goal to lose 0.5lbs/week and eat back most of the cals you burn from exercise, otherwise you will end up losing a large % of your loss as lean muscle, not the fat you are looking at losing.

I would also add that you may want to be more consistent with your food tracking, and eat more protein, use the MFP guide as a bare minimum.
  • hafbreed02
    hafbreed02 Posts: 28
    Options
    easiest way to fix your dilema......trade MOST of that cardio work for weight lifting.....you are doing WAY to much cardio. The amount of cardio you are doing, it's safe to say you are burning muscle, making it harder for your body to burn fat! Good Luck!
  • azbarrelracer1323
    Options
    Ok that's what I was afraid of!!! So can someone give me an idea of what a WEEKs workout should looking like for me? Without getting crazy with lifting.... I am a 25yr old female. I know heavy lifting wont get me huge, i am just not crazy bout it! Should I do no cardio? Any ideas of someone I could hire to help me get a good program? Thx for all the help!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Ok that's what I was afraid of!!! So can someone give me an idea of what s WEEK workout should looking like? Without getting crazy with lifting.... Should I do no cardio?

Fully body workouts M,W,F, with cardio on non lifting days if you are up to it, but not necessary to lose fat. Cardio is great for heart health, and increasing endurance, or allowing you to eat more while still losing. Check out the book Starting strength. Full body 3 day/week workout.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Ok that's what I was afraid of!!! So can someone give me an idea of what s WEEK workout should looking like? Without getting crazy with lifting.... Should I do no cardio?

If your goal is to still lose some fat, you may want to do some HIIT training, 20-30 minutes.

You should be doing main compound lifts. Squats, deadlifts, lunges, if nothing else. I'd add body weight exercises too, Pushups, chin ups, planks.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Pick up some heavy weights.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Do a three day split with cardio on rest days if you want,

Monday
    Biceps and Backs

Tuesday
    Cardio

Wednesday
    Triceps chest and shoulders

Thursday
    Cardio

Friday
    Legs (dont skip leg days)

Saturday Sunday

Rest Rest Rest and more rest

Personally I skip all Cardio and run a 3 day split with 1 day rest after legs day, works for me.

Good luck
  • azbarrelracer1323
    Options
    Thank you!!!!