Body Bi Vi shakes - verdict???

Options
Hey guys!

So last week I bought into the Visulus body bi vi shake kit in order to kick start my weight loss and motivate me more. I lost a pound after a couple of days (could have been water as I am making a concious effort to drink more) and Thursday I will be weighing myself again.

I feel good - loads more energetic and my sweet tooth is being curbed. However the shakes are quite pricey and I am concerned about weight gain after the 90 days. I have never bought into something like this before as I have always dieted sensibly and exercised, however I am suffering from major lack of motivation and needed a boost to get me into the right frame of mind.

I am really interested to hear from people who have tried these shakes - good and bad stories so please share!

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've never used them personally, but I have a family member who does. She has lost weight. However, you have to ask yourself if this is something you can maintain. If you go off the shakes and start eating too many calories, you're gonna gain the weight back. I recommend saving the money and just learning how to create a livable calorie deficit, rather than just losing a ton of weight in your wallet
  • ilovefitness36
    Options
    Hi HealthyHappy8:

I tried them for a few months. They didn't make me lose weight, they made me gain weight, so I stopped. There is a lot of sugar in them. They sometimes have the opposite effect in people. One of my friends drank the shakes and she lost 40lbs. But she gained it right back afterwards when she stopped using them. Essentially, you are depriving yourself of an actual *real* meal. But like I said, for some people it works, for others it does not.

They are REALLY tasty, I will admit, and you can have a lot of fun with them, by making different recipes - but that's the problem - by adding fruits and other stuff, it just adds to the sugar.

I'm sure there will be others that respond with different experiences. Best of luck! If it works for you! That's fantastic!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. The End.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Any time people use meal substitutes, or shakes to lose weight, they almost always gain the weight back because they never taught themselves how to eat properly along the way. Ditch the shakes and eat whole food, but just track it and hit your macros and calories and you will lose weight.
  • suemarotz
    suemarotz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have used the shakes and when replacing two meals, they work for weight loss for me. I didnt used to eat breakfast so adding a high protein, low sugar start to my day helped me stay full and satisfied. I have gone on and off of them and have never gained all the weight back. I have lost and kept off 23 lbs using the shakes. I will stay on 1 shake a day, or mix the powder in my yogurt, oatmeal or snacks because of the good nutrition it gives me.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It only works because if you limit yourself to the shake for breakfast and shake for lunch you've probably severely cut your calorie intake. Stick to real food with the same calorie counts and you'll get the same results. Once the honeymoon period wears off of how fabulous you feel with all the proprietary blends of nutrients, magic powders and feeling full on a glass of liquid you'll realize you're spending big bucks for something you could have mixed up in a blender yourself. You'll also find out that you have no idea who to lose or maintain your weight without your crutch.

My daughter in law sells this stuff. She started out a New Years weighing 240 lbs on a 5'2" woman. After 7 months of doing the challenges and drinking the magic potions she's down 25 lbs. Not great results in my book.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Overpriced MLM company......the only people making money are the ones at the top of the pyramid.

Now they are coming out with a ridiculously over priced "super" breakfast cereal. Someone crunched the numbers on the latest attempt to take money out of your pockets.....

"Eat that bowl of ViCrunch everyday for a year and you'll spend $2,022. Eat a bowl of Kashi GoLean Crunch and you'll spend $171.55. If you were thinking about buying ViCrunch, reading this article just saved you $1850 this year alone. If you are a family of four, it saved you $7,401. For most people, if their boss gave them a $10,000 raise today, they'd take somewhere around that $7,401 after taxes. Do you want to blow $10,000 of your salary this year on cereal?"

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/
  • HealthyHappy87
    Options
    Overpriced MLM company......the only people making money are the ones at the top of the pyramid.

Now they are coming out with a ridiculously over priced "super" breakfast cereal. Someone crunched the numbers on the latest attempt to take money out of your pockets.....

"Eat that bowl of ViCrunch everyday for a year and you'll spend $2,022. Eat a bowl of Kashi GoLean Crunch and you'll spend $171.55. If you were thinking about buying ViCrunch, reading this article just saved you $1850 this year alone. If you are a family of four, it saved you $7,401. For most people, if their boss gave them a $10,000 raise today, they'd take somewhere around that $7,401 after taxes. Do you want to blow $10,000 of your salary this year on cereal?"

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/

I don't know what this cereal is you are talking about aas I am in the UK where visulus hasn't even been launched properly yet. But I can assure you shakes aside - I would never buy into the cereal should it come over here! Thanks for the links, very helpful ;)