I know i cant, but i dont!...Help

Options
I have been trying to lose weight for the last 6 months. This is a life goal for me, not a temporary fix, not just something for the upcoming vacation i've booked.

Somewhere inbetween busting my ars, i stop, i lose focus, wil power, and most of all motivation. How do I get all these things back and keep going.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Suck it up and just do it.
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can say it to take it day by day...for the first 2 months I "started over" every day. Just focus on TODAY...the rest will come
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I understand exactly where you are coming from. I am at that point now. I know I dont want to be fat, but i get so frustrated I just give up, or we go on vacation and I loose everything I gained. I'm trying to get back on the wagon again. but it is so frustrating.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Maybe by taking smaller steps. If you make too many big changes at once, it can be hard to stay with it. Try setting your goal to half a pound per week, you can always change it later on when you feel more motivated.
  • sleevies311
    sleevies311 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Whenever I start to lose focus or motivation, I think of all the initial reasons why I wanted to lose weight in the first place. I think of the clothes I'll be able to wear, the fact that I won't need to feel self-conscious about my body, all the people who I'm going to impress, etc. I write all these things down and look at them every morning when I wake up and again when I feel myself losing my motivation.

If that doesn't work, then take a moment to compare the amount of time you've spent being unhappy with your weight (probably years, if you're like me) to the amount of time you'll spend enjoying that cookie staring at you if you give in to temptation (probably seconds, if we're being realistic). Ask yourself these questions: Are those few seconds you'll enjoy scarfing down a cookie at the speed of light really worth it in the long run? Do you want to be in a continuous cycle of weight loss achievements and setbacks? Or do you want to do what it takes to lose the weight and be able to maintain it, finally reaching the point you've always been hoping you'd someday get to?

Good luck!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain... I've got surgery booked for January and while they can do it safely without me losing weight, there are other reasons to have it gone by then. It gets easier for me when I'm busy and eat for effect, but lately I've been breaking out all the Asian food to perk up my flagging interest in diet-friendly things.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Suck it up and just do it.

Someday you'll get to /\ that point and just do it. It took me quite a while to just suck it up and do it. What is your plan ? You should already know how you're going to handle certain situations before you get to them. How have you handled this situation in the past ? How did that work for you ? Change the plan... Just do it and keep doing it.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Try changing small things, change white bread to brown and try to only eat two slices a day, try drinking water instead of fizzy drinks, and try reducing your portion size, look at it as a complete life change not a diet, so just do it slowly you will be surprised at what a difference small changes can make, this will bring results which will motivate you, also write about your losses get people to motivate you, keep going you can do it, just picture where you want to get to. Good luck on your journey.
  • itsunotme
    itsunotme Posts: 5
    Options
    i thought that. but you know when you want somethings so bad, you dont really think about having patients. you just want it like yesterday. Thank you will deff calm down.