Looking for some weight loss buddies!

Options
I am a 31 year old mother of two (my profile pic is my daughters cute little toes!). I have quite a long journey ahead of me. Over 150lbs that I need to lose. I am not certain at what point this whole thing got so out of hand. I was diagnosed as a teenager with bulimia and when I stopped "purging" but kept having binge episodes, I was then classified as having Binge eating disorder. The heavier I got the more I hid out and the more I hid out the heavier I got. I think I finally stopped paying attention somewhere around the time I weighed 280lbs and it just spiraled further out of control from there. I did come out of my shell at one point and regardless of my weight lead a very active and engaged social life. I do get so tired of being the "fat" person in the room though. Not much is more embarrassing then realizing that everyone, even the other "fat" people are skinnier then you! Mostly though I just want to be healthy. I am already well on my way and have lost a total of 21 pounds (some I lost before joining this site. I decided last night that I am okay with being the tortoise and not the hare. As much as I would love to lose 30 pounds a week, its just not realistic hahaha :D

My binge eating disorder is something I battle daily but is largely under control. I have overhauled my diet and my exercise ( I do weight training and go walking) and am in this to win it :)

Would love to have a larger group (at least 10 folks) to follow and stay motivated with.

Replies

• kimkim2014
    kimkim2014 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey there,

I am also a mommy to a little 3 year old and have quite a ways to go to get my weight in check. I will send you a friend request
  • macielittle
    macielittle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    sending request!
  • LovesPink8741
    LovesPink8741 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request!
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a mommy of 2 and have quite a bit of weight to lose. I'm sending a request your way!
  • Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've got 75plus lbs to loose, have twin boys age 4. I'm in the UK but am online daily and can offer some support.
  • 4everlearning
    4everlearning Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just sent requests to a bunch of you ladies!
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    100 pounds total to loose. Sending you a friend request.
  • ingakinga
    ingakinga Posts: 2
    Options
    hi I am looking to loose 10 or 15 STUBBORN pounds I need some workout motivation and a buddy to help "each other" during those nitetime "Munchie" hours. Thanks to anyone answering!