T25

Options
Today I started the T25 program. Under what would I log in my exercise. I do not have a heart rate monitor so I don't know exactly how many calories I burned.

Replies

• nhkat
    nhkat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Just don't log it
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    What's T25?
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, if you want an accurate reading, you will need a HRM. Otherwise, it really wouldn't matter what you logged it as because you will never know if it is accurate since calorie burn is based on how hard you worked during the workout and your age.

If it helps, I have seen people burn 400-500 calories a workout, but once again, they might not work as hard as you or vice versa, and they may be younger/older than you.

BTW...I am in my third week and I have not been tracking my calorie burn (and I even have a HRM!). I am following the plan (1600 calories/day) and nailing the workouts. Let's keep in touch so we can cheer each other on!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, if you want an accurate reading, you will need a HRM. Otherwise, it really wouldn't matter what you logged it as because you will never know if it is accurate since calorie burn is based on how hard you worked during the workout and your age.

If it helps, I have seen people burn 400-500 calories a workout, but once again, they might not work as hard as your or vice versa, and they may be younger/older than you.

Unless it is steady state cardio and HRM would be very inaccurate as well. Not sure what type of program it is, if it is circuits like a lot of DVD's log it as Circuit training.
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It is progression-type circuits with an interval ("burn-out") session between circuits.. The workouts vary being some are all cardio, some are strength-based, some focus on lower body, some focus on abs, and all involved some cardio, so it is quite an array.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Focus T25 is the new Shaun T workout program, I have it but am in a Challenge group that starts August 5th. I would imagine I'd be logging it as I log insanity? I'm not sure I've not even peeked at the workouts yet.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I just log mine as an Aerobics workout. I'm positive it's not accurate but it's better than not logging it at all and I'm sure it is not OVER estimated. lol
  • jklepack
    jklepack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    From reviews I've seen most women have burned anywhere from 100 to 350. I've figured the average on most of the women have been 250 for the cardio workouts so that's what I'm going off of. The men have been burning 300 to 500 per workout.
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 also. I have been logging it as circuit training and it is not far off from what my fitbit says I burn during the workouts. The ab circuit workout is showing a little less because you are not in full out cardio mode the entire time. I have been trying to stay pretty close to the 1600 mark as well since that is what was recommended in the book. However some days I am getting in exrta excersize by biking and walking/jogging so I eat a little more on those days.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I just started Week 2 of Focus T25 .... this morning was Total Body Circuit. When I log that as MFP's Circuit Training, General for 28 minutes (the workout plus the cooldown) it says I burned 334 cals. When I use my Polar H7 (did today cause I was curious) I burned 398 cals. My wife's H7 said she burned 265 cals.

I think that the 1600 calorie a day diet and workouts and no eating back exercise calories would be too large a calorie deficit for me, but is likely to work quite well for most women. It's what my wife is doing quite successfully.

I think the Circuit Training, General will be reasonably accurate if you want to log the exercise from MFP. I think that the calorie burn per minute is comparable to Insanity.

And I just have to say that spider lunge push-ups are crazy!
  • Curoyalt
    Curoyalt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same question when I started. I took into consideration that all the workouts are bodyweight exerises which is named Calisthenics, I record my workouts as such.
  • darkblue920
    Options
    I averaged 250-300 calories burned per workout.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I compared my HRM (Polar FT4) to a few different exercises in the database and the closest one was Aerobics. The ab workout would definitely be less (though my husband swears it's the worst).
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I do like most and I use a HRM to track my burn and then I create my own exercises with the exact name of the routines (T25 - Alpha Total Body w/ cool down for example) Much easier to compare burn of this week to week 1 or Beta routines to Alpha routines when I hit that phase next week. But, to even get a decent estimate of the burn, you really need a heart rate monitor. Preferably, one with a chest strap.
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Today I started the T25 program. Under what would I log in my exercise. I do not have a heart rate monitor so I don't know exactly how many calories I burned.

I log 25 minutes of Aerobics, general. Like someone else said, it's most likely not accurate, but it's definitely not going over. I don't have a HRM yet either.
  • Chispasv
    Chispasv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I log it at circut training. I use a HRM and is shows about 30 to 60 calories higher than MFP, so I use the lower amount since I don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • Cacwells
    Cacwells Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    started my first day today... Phew there was sweat flying everywhere
  • taylor209tpd
    Options
    Just wondering if you are still doing T25 or if you finished it..... The real wonder is if you had any weight lost. My wife and I have been doing it for 5 weeks have not lost any weight. We feel better, but that scale isn't moving.
  • WillowTree84
    Options
    :happy: