Small NSV

Options
I'm an administrative assistant in a real estate office and almost everyday the agents are ordering out for food. Today they ordered from our local pizza place which I love! But I said no and stuck to my brown bagged lunch. I ate with them and while everything smelled so delicious now that lunch is over I'm glad I don't have the carb overload and guilt of eating to much food. About a week ago I would have caved and gotten something :) small steps right?!

Replies

• Headingforhealthier
    Options
    Dedication! Great work!!
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That is the whole concept of being successful in weight loss.... Lots and Lots of minor discomforts equal a whole LOT of feeling GREAT!
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Congrats! That's a big victory! :) Most people don't have that type of self control. :)

I only caved for pizza once...I was only able to eat one slice and afterwards I felt like throwing up. o.O I learned my lesson. Haha now I don't feel so bad about saying no :P
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Nice job! It is so empowering to take control of your life isn't it!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    And guess what?...Self control is like a muscle. It gets stronger with use.
  • Hlm103010
    Hlm103010 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've been trying really hard and usually I would say oh well you can just start over tomorrow, well I don't want to start over anymore I'm sick of starting over!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Good job on will power. Great job on feeling that satisfaction after the fact of making the right choices for you.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've been trying really hard and usually I would say oh well you can just start over tomorrow, well I don't want to start over anymore I'm sick of starting over!

Great! That's the attitude that will make you successful!
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job! It can be tough to turn down!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!