Looking for plus size women to join me in my journey

Options

Replies

• titinaw1
    titinaw1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I am taking the first steps on my journey as well. I am 5ft 10 and weight 258. Reading the responses to your main post really encouraged me. Keep up the good work and don't give up! I won't either. :happy:
  • callasm
    callasm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft3 started at 270 at 265 right now about the same amount of time you have been here, You can add me as well.

~smile~
  • ccorleto
    ccorleto Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your doing just fine...I just turned 40 this year and at 5'3 and 225 pounds I really needed to do something about my weight, The best help was having my husband and I doing this together. Since May I am down 12 pounds! See if you can have a family member or someone else in your house do it with you.
    The other best advise is make your self small goals....this way you feel accomplished more often. And reward yourself from time to time.....it's ok to have ice cream now and then...however only NOW AND THEN! LOL That's the key....learning to portion control. Or go buy yourself a new pair of shoes to reward yourself.
    I reached a plateau about a month in and didn't lose for 2 weeks.....it will happen....stress and "being a woman" (if you catch my drift) will also make it difficult at certain times.
    Don't give up.....hang in there! :bigsmile:
  • jjartistry76
    jjartistry76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just wanted to say keep going and don't quit trying. I'm 5'9" and was at 275 at my highest, about 250 a year ago and now between 185-190. I would still like to loose the last 20-30lbs and I'm still working on it. You can do it. Enjoy the journey, and know that it's not what you can't have but all the new things you can discover. I wish you well on your journey and feel free to add me if you'd like!! :)
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will send you a friend request too. Anyone is welcome to send me a friend request. I started on my healthier lifestyle on January 11, 2013. I am 5'8" and started at 272, I now weight 216.60. My overall goal is to lose at least 100 lbs, but I don't have a time limit on it. The key for me is to just be keep on striving to make healthier choices each day (food/exercise/building self esteem) & to be kind and forgiving to myself when I don't.
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 245 feel free to add me if you like.
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi!

DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!

We are all built differently, and we lose weight differently. There are some fortunate souls that just seem to be fat-burning machines. There are some people who have the time and will power to workout endless hours and eat super clean diets, and for their efforts they are rewarded with quick and steady weight loss. But there are MANY who lose a substantial amount quickly, stall for a few weeks, then start losing again but at a much slower pace. It may not seem fair, but that's just the way it is. And if you quit, isn't that a little like cutting your nose off to spite your face? Quitting will only put you in a worse place than you are right now. So hang in there and figure out what works for you.
  • yavrig
    yavrig Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi there! First of all, good for you to make this decision. Second, awesome weight loss so far. Third, keep it up! It will melt right off if you just keep at it. We all gained our weight one guilty pleasure at a time... we will lose it one healthy habit at a time.

I have been on my journey since January 2012 with a nebulous end goal: I just want to be able to keep up with my little babies and be there for them as they grow up. In 2003, I weighed 298lbs. I started a plan with a nutritionist and lost quite a bit of weight, and then a year or two later, I got complacent and some of it came back on. When I started my journey again after my son was born, I was at 284. I'm 38 years old, 5'6", and in the best shape of my adult life. I have somehow figured out how to incorporate exercise into my busy working-mom life. I hardly sit on my butt to watch TV anymore because my health and family come first now, in that order. Add me if you want to check out my daily vices, yes I do indulge every now and then. I just have to remember to stay honest with myself and track when I do eat that ice cream sandwich.

I consider plateaus to be frozen moments in time where you can reassess your goals, make small changes, and take a break from the scale for a couple of weeks. Test yourself to check out how your new habits are working out for yourself. Don't fret too much, it will keep getting better and better. It will just take time, but the overall trend will be downwards. :flowerforyou:
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    OptimisticlyOptimistic Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a FR. :o) Together we'll all be unstopable!
  • dancinfree
    dancinfree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started my weight loss journey last March at 277.5 (red shirt picture on my profile). In February of this year I hit the 50 pound mark and have slowly been up five down five ever since. I am new to MFP and am pretty consistent with my food logging but still not quite on the exercise wagon. I have found that keeping a journal in addition to tracking the food intake is very helpful. One step at a time. Feel free to add me, you can never have too much support. :)
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    25lbs in 8 weeks is hella good! It does tend to slow down after the first couple months, but just keep going. I am about averaging about 7-10lbs a month now and it kills me to have it come off that slow, but it is what it is. You are doing great! Lots of water and measure and log everything! You got this!
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    5 4.5, started out at 250, and am at 235 now :).
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    No one can motivate you but you. If you rely on others, than sadly, you will fail.

However, if you want some honest, active folks on your friend list, feel free to read my profile and add at your own risk :drinker:
  • MalloryMelts
    MalloryMelts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I started at 306 and down to 261. It's taken a long time and you will struggle. I get sidetracked. But eventually we all need a little help and motivation to get us where we want to be. I sent you a request! Lets do this!
  • GloriaMontez529
    Options
    Hey we can hang in there together. I also was 297 when I started AGAIN and it has been slow but it is going away. I am now also at 273. I am able to do this better now because my daughter is also losing weight. This is my first time to chat but will try to check in more often because I know I need to hear and talk to others that are in the same boat I am.
  • shami19
    shami19 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'd love to join you, too! I sent you a friend request. I've been so inspired by other posts here, too, and would love to share the journey with all of you. Please feel free to add me to your friends' lists. :)

Stephanie
  • Dre8604
    Dre8604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    HI, I am 5'6"... starting weight 228 and first goal weight 160. I lost 20lbs so far since April. Good luck on your journey, we're all here to help. :-)
  • nuttinbutsuga
    nuttinbutsuga Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I sent u a friend request. I think everyone drops weight quickly in the beginning. Every time i quit smoking I drop the cigarette weight with no problem. This go round I've dropped almost 40lbs in 2mos but losing any of the weight I was already carrying is proving difficult.....again. All I can tell u is keep at it with the rest of us. :happy:
  • MissFannyAnn
    Options
    Feel Free to add me. Looking for motivating buddies :smile:
  • necolong1014
    Options
    I was 310 pounds went down to 272 when I found this program and now I am 212 but still have 65 lbs to go! Add me if you like we can cheer each other on! :drinker: