Activity setting - please help!

Options
I just got a second job, which will have me on my feet for four hours in the evenings, 5 days a week. (Walking the store track, helping customers, some lifting, etc.)

My day job consists of me sitting in front of the computer for 8 hours. I have my settings at "sedentary". My question is, should I count the four hours as some sort of exercise activity at the end of the day, or should I change my over-all setting to lightly active?
I will still fit in some gym time, for weights and light cardio.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Replies

• briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I would change your settings to lightly active from now on especially if you are going to be working there 5 days a week. I would not count this as exercise since it is going to be a daily routine now. It might be fun to have a pedometer just to see how many steps you take during your shift. I used to work retail and it was amazing how much I would walk in 1 shift, sometimes it was upwards of 6+ miles.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I was also thinking of picking up a pedometer, just to see how many steps I can rack up.....
  • JerZRob
    JerZRob Posts: 68
    Options
    I was also thinking of picking up a pedometer, just to see how many steps I can rack up.....

You should. I was super surprised when I saw that I was walking 5 miles a day without even trying.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Definitely get a pedometer.

My colleague wears one just at work and says we take a minimum of 10,000 steps in one shift. So I cant wait till mines arrives in the post as I have a 30 minute walk there and 30 minute walk home to add on.

Im so excited for it to arrive its actually sad. ^^