Low Calorie Wraps

Options
Hi Gals!

I was wondering if anyone has some great low cal wrap idea's?

Replies

• dore0021
    Options
    1tbsp of pb and 1/4 of a banana. Great Breakfast/snack.
  • Raina0512
    Options

That's a great idea!! BUMP!
  • LindseyRenee1
    LindseyRenee1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I bought those tortilla wraps called buena vida (low carb) whole wheat- for two tortillas its only 140 calories, and i put chicken/cheese in side, or get some ground turkey and make some tacos (use low sodium seasoning) and you got 2 great wraps for under 300 calories!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm not a "gal" but I figured that was not a requirement here. :tongue:

When you said 'wrap' I thought of a recipe I posted sometime ago. It uses lettuce for the wrap and is both low calorie, fun and tasty.

See this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/88182-tuna-or-chicken-salad-lettuce-wraps?hl=tuna+lettuce#posts-1215968
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have good tips! There are so many things you can do for a wrap that I don't have a singe go-to recipe but I do incorporate many of these depending on my mood and the ingredients on hand:

Use Flat Out wraps
    Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Lite wedges as a base.
    RedHot Wing Sauce with chicken or turkey. (Low calorie and adds SO much flavor!)
    Peperoncini rings to add some low cal/low fat flavor
    Alpine Swiss slices with turkey and avocado
    Grill your wrap in a grill pan if you are craving something warm and gooey (cheese melts)
    Lite and low sodium deli meats
    Saute onions and peppers, add low sodium roast beef and alpine swiss cheese for a "philly wrap"
    Use lots of herbs, fresh or dried.
    Salsa!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla Factory has some great wraps with no high fructose corn syrup, and that are made with whole grains. They have a couple different types - my local grocery stores carry them, and I'd highly recommend them. The ones I buy are 80 to 100 cals/wrap (depending on the type) and they are pretty large!

I usually add in some kind of protein (chicken, tuna or seitan) along with fresh veggies - spinach, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, cucumber, etc. Sometimes I'll add avocado.

The wraps usually end up being 250-300 calories (all very healthy calories!) and are very satisfying for lunch.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I make this for my kids lunch! These are yummy! Good with apple, PB and cinnamon too!
  • tater8589
    Options
    I like wheat tortillas with sharp cheddar and black olives, microwave for about a min. (I got this from my mom when she was trying adkins or south beach, can't remember which one)
  • ldeville
    Options
    Not sure if this will appeal to everyone, but I love these and so does my husband.

Instead of using a typical wrap, use a large collard green leaf. Cut the vein of the stem out (in a top to bottom direction) as much as possible without tearing the leaf away from the stem. Fill with homemade guacamole or hummus, spring mix, spinach, and whatever other vegetables you have on hand. Wrap collard green leaf around filling and enjoy!

This is extremely filling and healthy. The variations are endless.:happy: