Suggetions to make my daughters 18th birthday special

Options
mish24canada
mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
Hi everyone I was just wondering you had any suggestions on making my daughters 18th birthday special. She is really shy so she doesnt have a lot of friends. So anything to with friends is really out of question.

Replies

• workoutdood
    workoutdood Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Get her a couple male strippers
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    How about a renting moving van, packing up her ****, and kicking her out??
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ask her what she wants to do....we asked my stepdaughter if there were anything she had wanted to do but thought too expensive.

She choose to have the family and some cousins all go to the GA Aquarium for the day.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ask her what she wants to do....we asked my stepdaughter if there were anything she had wanted to do but thought too expensive.

She choose to have the family and some cousins all go to the GA Aquarium for the day.

Did she go with, or was she just trying to get rid of everyone?
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Mother daughter tattoo? That is what my daughter asked for on her 18th!
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options

This
  • cmd720
    cmd720 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm about that age so I tried to think of things that I think would be fun, so I'll list off ideas. Maybe take a day trip. Or stay in a hotel for a night. Go to an aquarium (I'm a senior in highschool and I still love aquariums, not sure though if I'm the only one :P). Get her makeup professionally done (at your mall or Ulta or another makeup store). Buy a whole new outfit. Go to the beach (if you live close, or take a day trip, maybe spend the night). Buy a buncha junk food and eat it all day while watching her favorite movies. Buy lottery tickets. Some kind of aesthetic change (another ear piercing, hair highlights, tattoo, etc.). Get your nails done together. Go out to eat. Go through photo albums of her growing up. Pretty much anything that makes her feel loved and that the day is about her she will love. :)
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Back when I was 18, I didn't have many friends either (I'm 30 now and actually like having a handful of close friends).

I'm very close to my mother, so we went to Gold Class movies during the day, somewhere for lunch and then a couple of my aunts, my mum and I went to a bar and did shots. I'm close to my aunts as well, so that was heaps of fun.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Are you near any decent sized cities? If so, you could take her out to a nice dinner and a play or something like that. Community calendars are always a great place to find cool events!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    It depends what kind of girl she is, but maybe ask her if she'd be into...

- Concert tickets

- Mexican restaurant (They usually give you a sombrero, a cake with a sparkler & sing!) Have pina coladas

- Mother/daughter weekend getaway. It doesn't have to be anywhere far, but just somewhere with a nice hotel, a mall, restaurants, a movie theater, things to do.

- go to an amusement park

- go to the water slides

- spa day (Hair salon, massage, facials, manicures, pedicures, acupuncture)

- a comedy show or a broadway play

- rent a small party bus, invite her few friends & let them have drinks (I'm assuming the drinking age is 18).