Anyone try the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred?

Options
Hi guys, I just wanted to get people's opinions on those who tried the workout DVD. Did you feel like you got a lot out of it? Did you see results? Any other workout DVDs you suggest using? Thanks!

Replies

• nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did it- LOVED it and saw amazing results. I'm starting it back up again - and today I feel it!! I lost almost all of the almost 40lbs I lost from it-and then I took almost the whole summer and slacked off :( --but it was good. I wasn't sure I'd get a lot out of it but I did it and loved it. Now I'm starting it again (with Level 3) and going to use that with hopefully some other exercises to keep from getting too bored!!! Best of luck to you.
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im on day 3 level 1, no results but pain so far, but going to stick with it. I used to do claire from steps dvd "the 7 step fat attack" I liked at too
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    About to start 30DS tomorrow hopefully! Have read the other threads about it so am prepared for pain and hopefully results soon. We are gonna do 10 days on each level and see how it goes.

*fingers crossed*
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    I love her 30 day shred....as for results, I can't speak on that. I haven't used JUST that DVD alone....I use her DVD in a combination of other workout DVD's. But I will tell you, if you put your maximum effort into it....she DOES kick your butt!! And you WILL feel it for the next day or two! I also like the Power 90 DVD and Zumba. My body feels the results after all of these DVD's. Good luck finding what works for you!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I like it but I like the BIggest Loser Last Chance workout with her better. There are separate strength sections in additon to the 5 circuits of HIIT. I think it is much more effective than just 20 minutes with the 30 Day Shred. I never saw results with that one. I have been doing the Last Chance 2-3 times a week and I can really feel a difference.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    :noway: anytime you mixed aerobics and weights its a good exercise, i'm doing to much right now and need to work up to it
  • alicial3
    alicial3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30-day shred for about 2 weeks now. I don't do it every day but aim to do it at least 3 times a week. I don't know that I notice a difference in my body yet (although my muscles definitely feel it) but I do notice that my stamina is better each time I do the video. the first day I couldn't get through 30 seconds of jumping jacks, now I'm noticing I can go longer on all of the cardio sections. It's definitely hard, but being only 30 minutes, it's so doable!
  • hmdavis
    Options
    I just got the video and started it, I love it. It's pretty much a circuit training video, so it makes the most out of a 20 minute work out. I also use this DVD with other videos and work outs, plus I JUST started it. It is challenging, but worth the work I think. Good combo of strength and cardio
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and did not have any results with it. I don't think it was enough for me. (and after not seeing any results in the first month I gave up... but I'm back on track now) I went up the level 3 in the first week, because with the first two levels, I wasn't even sore at all after, and didn't even break into a sweat. When I started again with my weight loss, I bought 2 DVD's of the Turbo Jam, and I LOVED them... but after a month of using those, it was getting to easy for me, so I invested in the Turbo Fire DVD collection, and it is totally kicking my butt... literally!! LOL If you already have it, I say give it a try, and if you are not feeling the pain in it or not seeing the results combine it with something else, or just move on. Everyone's body is different and you need to find what works for you! Best of luck!!!
  • hartlife48
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I still haven't recieved it in the mail yet but I will keep you psted on how it's working/or not working for me! :):)