need recipe for pickles please

Options
KimLovesDon
KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
I have some cucumbers I need to do something with. Any pickle recipes or relish recipes out there?

Replies

• RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    have you tried bread and butter pickle recipes? kosher pickles and spicey throw in some chili peppers!
    also koolaid pickles turns them nice colors!

http://www.food.com/recipe/cucumber-relish-671
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    This is what I use for my home grown cucumbers. I do both spears & slices! They are AMAZING!!!!!! I buy mine at Walmart.

pACE3-8248856enh-z7.jpg

I've done the homemade pickling, but it doesn't come close to this, they taste like Clausen pickles when they are done!
  • laurajaneneal67
    Options
    Deseed the cucumbers and cut into chunks. add diced tomatoes, chopped red onion and chopped avacado. add balsamic vinegar stir and serve. you can add a little olive oil if you want, but dont if you dont want the calories.
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    These pickles are amazing! This is a blog from one of my co-workers (all of her recipes are awesome, healthy and delicious). She brought them in yesterday and I am hooked. The only difference from the recipe is that if you want to eat them immediately, slice the cucumber into rounds instead of leaving whole. Then you can eat them in hours.

http://pandlkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/08/spicy-homemade-pickles-no-dill-here.html
  • chefstew79
    chefstew79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I make pickles all the time, its really simple. Although there are a variety of ways, I do the following: Mix kosher salt with white vinegar until salt is dissolved. Taste it to make sure its not too salty or too vinegary. If so adjust the other ingredient. I also add crushed garlic cloves and red chili flakes. Slice cucumbers and submerge in the brine in the fridge for about 8 hours. Ready to go. Alternatively, you can add carrots, jalapenos, cauliflower, onions, harboiled eggs, etc. You can also try adding your favorite fresh herbs, dill, basil, cilantro, thyme etc. This method doesn’t involve canning, should be good for about two weeks in fridge.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I make pickles all the time, its really simple. Although there are a variety of ways, I do the following: Mix kosher salt with white vinegar until salt is dissolved. Taste it to make sure its not too salty or too vinegary. If so adjust the other ingredient. I also add crushed garlic cloves and red chili flakes. Slice cucumbers and submerge in the brine in the fridge for about 8 hours. Ready to go. Alternatively, you can add carrots, jalapenos, cauliflower, onions, harboiled eggs, etc. You can also try adding your favorite fresh herbs, dill, basil, cilantro, thyme etc. This method doesn’t involve canning, should be good for about two weeks in fridge.

all great tasting too!

made fire cracker carrots last year made with heirloom dragon carrots and couple habanero.
  • KimLovesDon
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    MMMMM if you need a taste tester I'll volunteer
  • KimLovesDon
    Options
    Putting up some dill pickles and some sweet pickle relish. I think I may even enter them in the state fair in September! :blushing: