Weight loss, but I still look the same??

Options
One month ago I reached my absolute highest weight of all time, 137 pounds. ( I am very short) My BMI was labeled as " overweight" . I joined a gym and for three weeks I saw no difference at all, about 10 or 11 days ago I started my fitness pal because my doctor recommended it. I have lost five pounds, which is nothing compared to most of you all out there, but I'm looking to lose 15-20 pounds. ( I will still be in a healthy BMI range) Although I've a lost a little weight,, I look the exact same. Is this because I haven't lost enough to make much of a difference? At what point in your weight loss or fitness goals did you notice self improvement?? When did friends/family notice your weight loss??

Replies

• Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    You see yourself every day so its very unlikely you will see results until its a drastic difference. Go by the way our clothes fit, do your pants get loose did you have to go up a knotch on your belt? I saw my first physical change in the mirror and what i mean by that is its the point where i said i do look better and its working. That was about 3-4 months in and the last month i just seemed to change every time i looked in the mirror
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Your story is similar to mine. You're probably an inch or two shorter than I am, and I started about 6 lbs heavier than you. I didn't start to see anything until I'd lost about 10 lbs. Clothes started fitting better before I could see anything. Cultivate patience, you'll need it :flowerforyou:
  • Majorette2015
    Options
    Thanks for your comment! I think our goals are similar. Congratulations on your progress so far. How long did it take you to lose the 10 lbs if you don't mind my asking?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I lost at an avg rate of 1 lb / wk.

Most weeks I lost a lb. Some weeks I lost nothing. Some weeks looked like a gain, but I knew I'd just had a bunch of sodium and sure enough in a day or so it came back off. One week I lost 3 lbs, and that was well into the diet - not just water weight, and it stayed off. Weight loss is weird and non-linear.
  • Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way. I've lost 8 pounds which you'd think would be a pretty significant difference (I'm 153 at the moment), but I look down at my stomach and swear it looks exactly the same
  • Majorette2015
    Options
    Eight pound loss is awesome! Keep up the good work. Another thing I do besides stepping on the scale in measurements around my legs, waist, Etc. Did not see the improvements I hoped for but will try harder. Needing to lose some before football season of course