2000 Calories and Uncomfortably full

Options
Dear Fit Pals,

I have upped my calories to 2000 and am planning on bumping them higher in the fall.
Problem is I am uncomfortably full and feel like crap. This feeling doesn't generally occur till my lunch at 1 and from there after.

Some quick things:
5'9''
148lbs
19 years old
I am gluten intolerant as well
Please please feel free to look at my diary from today and yesterday as they are what I am eating now.
Yes it's only been 2 days at 2000, so maybe I shall give it time.

Just some words of advice would be great.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Just a couple of thoughts...

1) what was your calorie intake like before? How big of a difference is there. When I went to maintenance from my deficit I thought there was no way I could eat that much and that I'd just be too full. I upped my calories slowly over the course of 3-4 weeks and ultimately had no issue once I hit maintenance; however, if I would have just introduced an additional 500 calories over night, that might have been an issue.

2) being that you are in recovery could some of it be a mental thing?

3) I can't see your fiber number, but judging by your foods you may be getting more than your fair share. It's definitely good to get your fiber, but too much is going to leave you feeling very bloated and full.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Moving away from things that have "low fat", "lean", "extra lean" etc will assist in this endeavor.
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    Just a couple of thoughts...

1) what was your calorie intake like before? How big of a difference is there. When I went to maintenance from my deficit I thought there was no way I could eat that much and that I'd just be too full. I upped my calories slowly over the course of 3-4 weeks and ultimately had no issue once I hit maintenance; however, if I would have just introduced an additional 500 calories over night, that might have been an issue.

2) being that you are in recovery could some of it be a mental thing?

3) I can't see your fiber number, but judging by your foods you may be getting more than your fair share. It's definitely good to get your fiber, but too much is going to leave you feeling very bloated and full.

1) I was at 1400 and this past weekend I was at my aunts house and didn't eat much, so that is probably definitely the problem.

2) Mentally this is probably the easiest time I've had, being on a defecit was a mental hurricane.

3) I made my fiber viewable and it's high, but not terribly high. (in my opinion, but I'm not truly educated in that)
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    bump
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Not sure, I think you will most likely adjust to it.
    Too many vegetables and fruit tend to give me that feeling.
    Try getting some of the calories from things like nuts and avocado, maybe, which pack quite a calorie punch for a serving.

I am just a tiny bit taller than you and am at your goal weight and eat anywhere from 1800-2600 calories a day, depending on my exercise and mood. Feel free to add me to see what sort of things I eat to get there.

ETA - I also have a history of eating disorders, a fairly long one, but am mostly on top of it now, apart from occasional lapses into bulimic behaviours.
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with increasing your intake by 600 calories in pretty short order combined with 30g fiber. It's not super high or anything, but if you're not used to it, and in conjunction with increased calorie consumption, it could be a bit uncomfortable initially. If you're not used to a lot of fiber in general, it can be kind of a rude awaking. I get about 35-40 grams now and it's no biggie...but when I first started I felt like one big bloated boat.