Yet another Insanity question from me (Sorry)..

Options
I was wondering if anyone has done insanity, but only done it 4 or 5 days of the week instead of 6 and had good results? Just curious. I want to do it everyday so bad, but find it difficult with a toddler, and working on my masters degree right now. I STAY busy. Thanks ya'll!!

Replies

• AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    Hey! I'm working on my masters too in school counseling. What are you working on? The first time I did Insanity I was able to do 6 days a week the first month, but life got really crazy the second and I was only able to do 4-5 days most weeks. I still had great results but I'm not sure if it could have been better. I'd try to do all 6 but don't best yourself up if some weeks you can't. It's still good for your body!
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am working on my masters in school counseling as well!!! How crazy!!! How much longer do you have? (And thanks for the exercise encouragement)
  • 18Julie
    18Julie Posts: 4
    Options
    Well any amount of Insanity is better than none! :) You will definitely get results if you give it your all during the times you are able to do the workouts (I'm on month 2 of Insanity, they are difficult workouts to say the least haha). The results may not show as fast... but they will definitely show with time! But remember... if your nutrition isn't healthy then that will drastically affect your results! That's great that even though you are super busy with other things you are making time to workout and stay healthy!
  • jenijen25
    jenijen25 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    hi Im doing insanity beach body Im on week 2 day 1 I have a little girl and work from home doing nails so its hard for me to get the time in to do it but out of the 2 week 1 day ive only missed 2 im doing it later on about 9ish to 930 just so I can get it all I can say is don't be disheartened if you have to miss one here and there its great that your doing it and will get great results from what your doing x
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has done insanity, but only done it 4 or 5 days of the week instead of 6 and had good results? Just curious. I want to do it everyday so bad, but find it difficult with a toddler, and working on my masters degree right now. I STAY busy. Thanks ya'll!!

I have several in my Total Beachbody Support and Motivation groups working out to Insanity 3 to 5 instead of 6 days and they are having good results. Any workout is better than no workout at all. 80% of your results will be how healthy you are eating. I am restating Insanity soon. I was on day 15 and injured my rotator cuff at work. You are welcome to join my support and motivation groups. Let me know and I can add you.
  • llfretwell
    Options
    Thank ya'll so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I am planning on starting back up as soon as my back is feeling better. I definitely need to watch my form from now on!!!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am more than halfway done my 3rd round. I stayed "on program" the first round because I wanted my shirt! That meant a 60 day deadline.

On my 2nd and 3rd rounds I deliberately decided NOT to do Insanity 2 days in a row. I do other stuff every other day. I think the 60 day prg is too aggressive and the body progresses more with more recovery and an even wider variety of workouts. I have to call bs on the before/after transformations shown on tv anyways, at least for most people. My results are still what I consider to be outstanding. I'd never go back to the 60 day format. Besides, after the newbie gains there is no need to. Especially when in a deficit.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I did it every other day...took twice as long to complete but allowed for recovery between the super-intense sessions.Still got good results and probably saved me from quitting Insanity early.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Tat2dDom0105 Posts: 661
    Options
    I'm starting my third week of Insanity, and so far i've been doing it 4-5 times a week with good results.
  • llfretwell
    Options
    Ya'll are great. I feel better about doing it 4 or 5 days a week instead of 6 now. It is just way too much to do it that often!!