Fitness Assessment

Options
Anyone ever been through one of these before?
http://recreation.georgiasouthern.edu/fitness/fitness-services/fitness-assessments/

I'm going to hire a trainer but through the RAC you have to have a fitness assessment first.

I'm thinking its going to be bad.

Replies

• ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ms_rayzd
    ms_rayzd Posts: 21
    Options
    ericcumbee, I went through a "fitness assessment" at a new gym I signed up for and it was a joke. It was there way of pushing a personal trainer on for a lot more money. If this is what you want then that is good. All he did for me was go over my budget (yes that is correct), asked where I wanted to be as a goal, he showed me how much my bones and organs weighed and how much I should total weigh. He also took my BMI but not my height or weight. I asked if I was going to work out with him and he said no. It was just a verbal assessment of where I want to be.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    you can choose what options you want eg, weight, measurements etc and then refuse the rest, it what your comfortable with. its just fitness trainer like to have a chat about what you want and also like to record your stats for later reference to see for any changes, who cares if you do bad your there to improve it
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    the fitness assessment is free. and from what I have seen the rates for a personal trainer are pretty reasonable as well. http://recreation.georgiasouthern.edu/fitness/fitness-services/personal-training/
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    ericcumbee, I went through a "fitness assessment" at a new gym I signed up for and it was a joke. It was there way of pushing a personal trainer on for a lot more money. If this is what you want then that is good. All he did for me was go over my budget (yes that is correct), asked where I wanted to be as a goal, he showed me how much my bones and organs weighed and how much I should total weigh. He also took my BMI but not my height or weight. I asked if I was going to work out with him and he said no. It was just a verbal assessment of where I want to be.

How do you do a BMI without height/weight?