23 y/o prepping for W/L Surgery

Options
Hi all my name is Rachel. Currently about 150 pounds overweight and have been since childhood. Dieting never seemed to work for me (meaning I couldn't stick with it) and I decided last year to start on the track of being approved for weight loss surgery. I've done everything but the lose the necessary 25 pounds beforehand. This seems like a small amount, but it just looks like a mountain to me. I plan on using MFP to better keep myself on target with food portions and what is going in my body. I would really like to gain some MFP friends to help support me and vice-versa on this journey.
A little about myself I have no children or husband, but I do have 5 animals that quite possibly qualify as kids (with the time, effort, and money I put in to giving them an enriching life). I like to take my dogs places, read, play cards, bicycle (flat surfaces), swim, and watch movies!
My biggest setbacks are when I fall back in to an emotional binge eating, which is how I got this large. Very interested in chatting with some new faces on here as I've used MFP for awhile but haven never used the message boards or online friends. Thanks everyone and I hope you're having a great day.

Replies

• Lld320
    Lld320 Posts: 81
    Options
    If you can lose 25 lbs you can lose all of it on your own. There are many people who have surgery just to fall back into their old habits and gain back the weight they paid a ton of money to take off. Don't risk your life by going under a knife to lose weight at 23 years old. Being healthy is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix, and there are tons of people on this site that have lost A LOT of weight that you can look to as an example.
    Just my opinion, good luck on your journey.
  • twosixeight
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have about 100lbs to lose myself and just started my journey two weeks ago. I started at 279 and now I'm 274 - slowly making progress! I'll send you a friend request. :)