bra or time of day?

Options
13»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    weight one day fully dressed 210 next day I weighed myself before bed with out a bra this time bc hey bed 213.8 could it been the fact that the bra was off allowing my 42 fs to weigh me down or just the end of the day causeing me to freak?

Despite what people here want you to believe, gravity does fluctuate. So braless your breastages were closer to the earth and actually heavier due to increased gravity

So then according to your science, if the weight is closer the ground the gravity is "fluctuating" heavier? So then I would want most of my weight to be further from the ground. So then if I carry most of my weight around my hips as most women do...I would benefit from weighing standing on my head, correct?

Its not "my science"
    Yes you can calculate the gravitational pull based on altitude change

gh = g0(re/(re+h))^2

Where
    gh is the gravitational acceleration at height h\, above sea level.
    re is the Earth's mean radius. (6,371 kilometers)
    g0 is the standard gravitational acceleration. (9.80665 m/s2)

That's a lot of science and math I don't understand. Can you "short answer" that for me?

Weigh standing on head, yes or no?
  • kwsheets
    kwsheets Posts: 2
    Options
    This is technically true and I love that it's been posted here. I giggled. A lot.

Practically speaking, since the height above sea level (h) is small in comparison to the radius of the earth (re), height...for the purposes of weighing in and determining weight loss...is negligible.

So, let them dangle or hold 'em high...their height isn't going to affect your scale numbers.

Laughing at this thread has caused me to almost aspirate part of my dinner...twice. Well done, all! :D

Edited: Oops! Yeah, what CoolRaul07 said.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Despite what people here want you to believe, gravity does fluctuate. So braless your breastages were closer to the earth and actually heavier due to increased gravity
    So then according to your science, if the weight is closer the ground the gravity is "fluctuating" heavier? So then I would want most of my weight to be further from the ground. So then if I carry most of my weight around my hips as most women do...I would benefit from weighing standing on my head, correct?
    Its not "my science"

gh = g0(re/(re+h))^2

Where
    #FacePalm
    Must...resist...#PhysicsGeekRageFist
    1) It's not "closer to the ground", it's "closer to the center of the Earth"
    2) Gravity is directly proportional to the inverse square of said distance. For example, she's have to double her distance from the center of the Earth (e.g. thousands of miles above surface) to drop to 1/4 of her weight.

In other words, inches/feet difference from the ground would be account for such a negligible difference in weight, no scale available for home use would detect the difference.

You sir are incorrect
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    This is technically true and I love that it's been posted here. I giggled. A lot.

Practically speaking, since the height above sea level (h) is small in comparison to the radius of the earth (re), height...for the purposes of weighing in and determining weight loss...is negligible.

So, let them dangle or hold 'em high...their height isn't going to affect your scale numbers.

Laughing at this thread has caused me to almost aspirate part of my dinner...twice. Well done, all! :D

Edited: Oops! Yeah, what CoolRaul07 said.

This sounds like maybe it means....Short answer. NO! Stand regular, not on head.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Its not "my science"

gh = g0(re/(re+h))^2

Where
    #FacePalm
    Must...resist...#PhysicsGeekRageFist
    1) It's not "closer to the ground", it's "closer to the center of the Earth"
    2) Gravity is directly proportional to the inverse square of said distance. For example, she's have to double her distance from the center of the Earth (e.g. thousands of miles above surface) to drop to 1/4 of her weight.

In other words, inches/feet difference from the ground would be account for such a negligible difference in weight, no scale available for home use would detect the difference.

You sir are incorrect

Anyone taking you seriously is incorrect...
  • chantelle403
    chantelle403 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone able to send me some tips on how everyone stays motivated when they do not see results right away?
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Anyone able to send me some tips on how everyone stays motivated when they do not see results right away?

make long term and short term goals
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    weight one day fully dressed 210 next day I weighed myself before bed with out a bra this time bc hey bed 213.8 could it been the fact that the bra was off allowing my 42 fs to weigh me down or just the end of the day causeing me to freak?

Pump them full of helium, immediate 5 pound weight loss right there.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

But what if they're fake boobs? And someone else pumps my gas?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Easy.

Empty out the silicone (or saline) and replace with helium. As an added bonus, they'll *always* be perky.

Oh and start pumping your own gas, you know every extra movement counts.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    That's right, and then you can pull yourself up with your own boot straps.
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! This question was too funny!
    Your boobs weigh the same with or without your bra.
    You weighed yourself at night after a day of eating, and drinking. A person can gain up to five pounds in just one day. Thats why you're supposed to weigh yourself in the morning when you wake up.

I don't think your bra will make much of a difference with the number on the scale! :P
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Its not "my science"

gh = g0(re/(re+h))^2

Where
    This is why I weigh myself on top of the bathroom counter and not on the floor.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

Easy.

Empty out the silicone (or saline) and replace with helium. As an added bonus, they'll *always* be perky.

Oh and start pumping your own gas, you know every extra movement counts.
    I couldn't find an activity for "pumping gas" on MFP. What's a good substitute?