Finally Committing after 32.6 lbs lost

Ashykins
Ashykins Posts: 233
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Hey Everyone,

I don't know if I am announcing or asking lol, but has anyone ever decided to lose weight but didn't fully commit? I am finding that I have been doing that all along. I decided that YES I am going to lose weight, but I never committed to it fully. Like watch what I eat every now and then (basically making sure I don't slip) I am thinking these days the only one getting in the way of my success is me...and well that is not being fair to myself. So, I finally decided today, I was going to fully commit all my energy...sometimes you just get tired of struggling and I am struggling unnecessarily...that was just me being stubborn...

Anyhoo...wish me luck.

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    So familiar!

Best of luck!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Been there done that, which is why it took me over a year of not being commited to lose my first part of my weight.
  • Think we've all been there, keep at it.:smile:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Yep, I think I've been there right along with you, these past few days, if not longer. I'm doing it, but not fully committed. I've let things get in the way that I needn't have. I've struggled when struggling was unnecessary. Yep, you're right -- you can still lose weight even if you're not 100% committed to it. Let's find out what happens when we DO commit 100% to our goals! Best wishes to you!! :)
  • Can anyone tell me how to get my ticker on my post?
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    It's easier to commit when you know what you are doing will work. This works and I am committed. I want to be on MFP until I lose that last pound. I know that could take a year. Slow and steady is my pace but it has got me 22 pounds lighter so far.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Can anyone tell me how to get my ticker on my post?

When you open to make a comment you will notice the arrow and "Signature" option. Copy you ticker from tools and paste in the signature options.
  • It's good to know I am not the only one struggling or has struggled with this. Instead of 2 lbs a week I am aiming for 1lb until I can get my eating steady and really work on making the best choices for me...and maybe add some exercise in the morning...and exercise a little earlier in the evening so I can go to sleep. Instead of waiting and then being tired while exercising lol.
This discussion has been closed.