Looking for my motivation....anybody seen it?

Options
I started out the Summer STRONG! Walking or riding my bike every day. Then this heatwave hit! I love being outside but this is just NUTS! I have health issues, Past TIA (mini stroke), A blood clot & high blood pressure (really high, considered extreme hypertension). So I have to be careful, & I don't want to get overheated. Ready for cooler weather!

Replies

• k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It is probably hanging out with mine somewhere cooler! It is hot out here too, but very low humidity (5%). I WANT to exercise, but it is too hot. Then I got a bad infection, nothing like a temperature in a heat wave to make you not want to do anything. Send my motivation home if you find it and I will do the same.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your doctor about exercising with those health conditions?
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Your lack of mojo looks a lot like reasonable caution. talk to your doc.

You've got plenty of motivation, it's just buried underneath complacency.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have a wellness center in my area. What has kept me on track is water aerobics! Look around your area and see if your Parks & Recreation Dept. has some sort of pool and group excercise.
  • Chatteras62
    Chatteras62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I am under a doctor's care. That's why walking was my "go to" exercise. I live on an island off the coast of NC, so it is VERY humid here. We do not have an rec centers within 50 miles. Other than an indoor basketball/gym. I could walk there, but it is a long walk from my home. Currently do not have a car. It is 108 here today.......shew!