I hit my first major milestone...(pic)

Options
Today I stepped on my scale and it read 299. To some people that would be horrifying, but I started at 388. I have not been under 300 pounds since I was pregnant with my son. I cried. A lot.

I promised myself I would do a "success story" once I hit this point, even though I am far from being done. I have a picture at my highest weight, but it is inaccessible at the moment. I will dig it out someday soon, but for now this will have to do.

Here is me in September 2011, not even at my highest weight. I probably gained another 30 pounds after this. The second picture is me a few days ago, wearing the same shirt. I actually had to hold it behind my back a little bit so you could see my new shape past all the fabric.

a95b17f8-32a4-4596-a3e0-c50687e3626b_zpsf0a78b6e.jpg

I have been doing strength training, and as you can see (hopefully) it has helped tremendously. If you aren't doing strength training, and you are physically capable of doing so, you should start yesterday. Other than that, I do IF and focus on protein and fat. I wouldn't say I'm low-carb, but I try to keep them fairly low. I take a day every few weeks to eat at maintenance, it keeps me sane.

You can do this. If I can do it, you can do it. :)

Replies

• Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Fabulous milestone and I can really tell the difference. Way to go!!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    And I am right here crying for you too. Congratulations, hon. You are reaping the wonderful rewards of your own discipline, dedication and hard work. I could not possibly be any happier for you or prouder of you. You make me want to get up out of this chair and work even harder. That way, I can feel what you are experiencing right now. Way to go, kiddo. I'm here in your corner, rooting you on for the long haul!

Scott R.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am so happy and proud of you!!!! Congratulations. Keep up the good work!!

Marie
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you . Good Job !!! That's why I can keep going ...stories like this just motivate the heck out of me !!!
    You are so Awesome!

Amy
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress and dedication!! Way to go! Yeah! :-)
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Congrats on such an amazing milestone :)
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Truly inspirational! Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:

A dear friend of mine is/was similar to you. She's lost over 136 lbs in just over a year. :smile:
  • crystalrp
    crystalrp Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I certainly can see the difference, and it is a milestone definitely worth celebrating. So happy for you!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Wow, huge difference! Awesome job, you must be so proud of yourself.

I cannot wait to see your next milestone!
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations on hitting that milestone! Totally inspiring! :drinker:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting such an important milestone. :)
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! When I reached the 299 mark (I'm at 266 now) it was an amazing day. I hadn't been under 300 pounds since my best friend's death.
  • Marijow
    Marijow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • loretta726
    loretta726 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous! Keep at it - you know you are up to this challenge. We are here to support you in your quest.
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look amazing
  • cluelessang
    cluelessang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats to u!!
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    As my favorite man candy says, "Hard work! Dedication!" Great job staying dedicated!
  • rummyqueen
    rummyqueen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job ,Keep up the good work.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That is awesome success! Looking forward to watching your journey!
  • jjkarnitz
    jjkarnitz Posts: 55
    Options
    THIS is what SUCCESS looks like! You are so much better off today than at 388! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!