Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5'11 with weird measurements, what am I doing wrong?

So I'm around 5'10 1/2 and 5'11, and I weigh between 155 and 160. My weight fluctuates everyday. I work at Illinois largest waterpark almost everyday between 8-10 hours. During the winter I plan on lifeguarding at a nearby YMCA. All my life I've grown up with big thighs, big hips, and a tiny upper body. My waist is around 25-26 inches, my hips are 40, and my thighs are 22-23 inches. I've been made fun of a lot when I was little for my height because I was 5'6 when I left 4th grade and that's when I started going through puberty, so I grew really fast and was done growing physically by 8th grade. So I've always believed I was chubby. I eat healthy, I work out all the time, I work outside for many hours, but nothing seems to be doing it. My weight always fluctuates from high to low. I just recently made a Myfitnesspal to track what I eat and do now, so maybe it'll help. But does/did this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    You indicate a normal weight for your height, with an active and healthy lifestyle. Perhaps you're not actually overweight.
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Is your shape similar to the other women in your family? Some people are just built that way, and some people tend to carry their weight in their hips and thighs. You may want to check your body fat percentage, it will probably be a much better gauge than the scale.
  • People think that to lose weight you need to stop eating and to exercise a lot. However, I’d like to recommend to you an innovative and effective system. This is the website: www.fatlose.org