iPhone App for tracking miles ran.

Just_Wil
Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
Name your favorite iPhone App for tracking how far you've ran.

I have a C25K app from Zen Labs, but it does not track miles ran and I'd really like to know how far I've gone.

(as a bonus, I'd like to know if the app is configurable to call out distances once you reach it, i.e., quarter mile, half mile, full mile)

Thanks!

Replies

• Just_Wil
    Anyone?
  • rebeccawwalters
    rebeccawwalters Posts: 37 Member
    I'm not sure if the iPhone has this, but Runtastic is good because it can track distance, time, speed, and a calorie estimate based on your weight. You can also set it to tell you when you've hit a mile or a time. It can be linked to MFP.
  • ag27404
    ag27404 Posts: 47 Member
    I used Map My Dog Walk. Obviously marketed to those with pups but is free (just need to put up with ads from Subaru) and has some nice features including calling out mile intervals. You can set these up for however you want. I walk my dogs 5 miles so mine is set to 2.5 miles.
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    I use Runtastic (:
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Nike+ or runkeeper
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    I like Runkeeper. It calls out time, distance and pace every 5 minutes. There's a free version and a pro version. The pro version has memory for the routes and such.
  • hopkinsju
    hopkinsju Posts: 1 Member
    Dude, it's Runkeeper all the way. I just got an email today saying they added MFP integration. I've been using Runkeeper for almost 3 years. You can download a c25k training program with the days all broken out, but I think that costs a few extra bucks. Personally I just created workouts for each day of c25k manually.

It will chime in and give you whatever run stats you want at either a distance you specify (every mile, or whatnot) or time interval (every 5 minutes).

I think the killer combo is MyFitnessPall + FitBit (for general activity level) + Runkeeper (for tracking runs, bike rides, etc) + WiFi scale (I haven't tried one, but FitBit and Withings both make them).

FWIW...

Edit: I have Runkeeper Pro. They also have Elite for a monthly fee.
  • askeel
    askeel Posts: 2 Member
    Runkeeper....measures time, distance, pace, calories, etc. You can invite friends and set goals... Great motivation! Also links with My Fitness Pal. You can also set intervals which is great for those who use walk/run method.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    I like WalkTracker I have the pro version, which lets you keep your runs/walks/etc
    I use it for tracking my infrequent runs, my walks and my horse rides.
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Nike + Running is my favorite app. I have been using it for over a year. It is free and requires no other equipment. I like having a little map of my run, being able to set my notifications (it tells me every 1/2 mile how I am doing), plus I have workout music already set in the app.
  • Just_Wil
    Thank you all. I'll give runkeeper a try, it looks like what i am looking for.
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    I use Nike+ and love it, the recent new update now allows you to set up challenges vs friends.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    I love my runkeeper, you can even manually add in treadmill workouts if you want. The other cool thing is that you can customize your cues to certain distances, certain times, what it tells you (pace, current pace, average pace, calories, etc). It can also email you with workout reminders etc... not that I forget to workout haha
  • clbortiz
    clbortiz Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you all. I'll give runkeeper a try, it looks like what i am looking for.

This is what I use too, but I have found that the elevation is not accurate for me. I live in southern louisiana, totally flat, and it has told me that during one of my runs I climbed 69 ft. Not possible around here unless I walked up a bridge. LOL

You can change the type of activity to show walking, running, cycling, skating etc, but I have found that the milaege was innacurate on occassion when I have used it for biking.

For purely running or walking and only being concered with distance, time, pace and calories it seems to work great.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Runkeeper!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Personally I prefer to use a dedicated GPS watch. It's obviously more expensive but much easier to deal with during runs and you can easily look down and check your pace, etc. at any point. Much better for races as well since many races don't allow headphones. I have the Garmin 910xt but the Garmin 110 would work well for most runners and can be found for under $150.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    There are many apps to track your runs
    I personally use Nike + but that was $1.99, I like it much much better than all the others I have tried (Runtastic, Runkeeper, Mapmyrun and such)
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    I used to use Nike+ and really liked it, but it wouldn't let me add treadmill workouts manually (you have to hold onto your phone so it goes off how you swing your arms-was wrong when i used it like that). I now use RunKeeper and like it much better. I haven't looked at Nike+ recently though. Runkeeper is nice and syncs with MFP.
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Sports Track :bigsmile: - it's android but should have iPhone app as well.

You have your duration time
    GPS map saved with your daily route
    Distance - km
    Avg speed - km/h
    Avg pace - min/km
    Max speed - km/h
    Energy - kcal
    Laps
    Chart
    You can add your exercise friends

You can answer your phone, sms, take picture etc while you use this application.

Simply fabulous :bigsmile: