It's just not happening!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oh my god thank you guys, I have always eaten fewer to try and lose weight and always struggled!!!!! I will definitely try a few more and see what happens! Thank you

Please just remember that when you eat more grams of food you naturally store more waste in your bowels and water from sodium, don't freak out if you gain a pound or two according to your scale, it is not body fat and it is temporary.

Also don't listen to the crazy carb lady, the only thing you lose from carb restriction is water weight.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    one key is to NOT EAT ANY CARBS after 3 pm.

I'm glad that that works for you. I stop eating carbs only when I'm sound asleep and that's usually about 1:00 AM. I've lost 51 pounds and have maintained my goal weight for over a year now.

There is truly no one way for everyone. OP, the other advice you've been given by other posters is very solid.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    You have to be sure you're eating enough protein as well.
    It also sounds like you're doing a fair amount of exercise and those days require you to eat more food.
    I lost 32lbs in 6 weeks and one key is to NOT EAT ANY CARBS after 3 pm.
    If you have a late night craving, air popped popcorn is a great, fiber filled, filling snack.
    The Dairy Queen fat free sugar free fudge bars are only 60 calories and have 6 grams of fiber. They are a very
    satisfying snack without the guilt. Good luck!

You tell porkie pie lies. Eating carbs after 3pm will not affect weight loss in the slightest. Sigh.....
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    IMAGINE life if you couldn't eat any carbs after 3pm.

Days out and dinner dates would be impossible!!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Stop it... You're spreading false info! There's no reason whatsoever that he/she should not eat carbs after 3 pm. I guarantee you that this is not why you lost 32 lbs!!
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

No.
  • missyrawien
    missyrawien Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The advice above about eating more is great (: Don't forget to keep hydrated too though, drink 8 glasses of water a day and more if you are exercising hard, it can help with weightloss and keeps you healthy (:
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Keep up the exercise - it will help your overall fitness and health and make losing weight easier. You got good advice here about upping the calories. You will lose the weight if you stay on track, good luck!
  • jigfoot
    jigfoot Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice x
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • sarie943
    sarie943 Posts: 8
    Options
    I really feel like I'm having a similar issue. I started exercising 3-4 times per week, including either jogging/walking 30-50min, bike riding, swimming, or just walking. This was at the beginning of June. Since then, I've also been regularly tracking my calorie intake. I am almost always under my intake (1510), unless I exercise, then I sometimes eat more to compensate. I have some days I go over (net) too, so Idk what is going on. My husband thinks it might be my metabolism has slowed down since I am not working right now, so when I'm not working out, I'm usually pretty stationary (computer, tv, lounging outside).
    I don't understand what I'm missing. I drink plenty of water most days. But for someone weight in the 230's, I really feel like I should be losing more weight, more quickly. So far I've lost 6lbs since early June, but then the scale says I've gained back 4. Sigh. This is why I usually give up.
    Suggestions? Advice?