Gluten free oats anyone?

Options
nyla2120
nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
I am having an issue where I start out with a flat stomach & after like 2 meals I'm all bloated. I'm thinking about trying to eliminating most gluten from my diet starting with my oatmeal that I have every morning. I was thinking about Bob's Redmill oatmeal or steel cut oats. Those who have tried it, how is it? How does it compare to Quaker oats? I know the serving says to only use like 1/4 cup, does it come out to be as much as a typical 1/2 cup of typical oats once it is cooked?

Replies

• Rompers616
    Rompers616 Posts: 307
    Options
    It's actually very good. I believe the serving size is actually 1/2 a cup dry (1 cup cooked).
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I use the Bob's Red Mill quick cooking oats and it is pretty much the same thing if I remember correctly.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    the serving for steel cut is 1/4c dry. love 'em.
  • intheflowers
    intheflowers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    gluten free oats are the same as non-gluten free oats. the only difference is the factory that they are processed in.
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo hooked. my diary shows Bob's Red Mill oatmeal for months and months!!! I've been losing weight eating this for breakfast - no more sugar binges late in the day if I get enough quality carbs in early.

Here's my recipe:

1/4 bob's oatmeal
    1/4 c water
    1/4 c milk (I use grassmilk, fat free, organic)

Microwave for about 2.5 minutes

Add cinnamon, a dash of salt, and a cut up prune. SOOOOOO good.

(I'm not even gluten free. It's the best start to my day. I should be a Bob's spokesperson!) :smile:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    "only oats" is my favorite brand. Taste is fantastic and so is their mixes.
  • lovelaughrun
    lovelaughrun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Are you eating much dairy? I thought I had a gluten intolerance too as I used to look like I was 6 months pregnant by midday. I cut out dairy and coffee, stick to berries and bananas (apples where my killer) and limited sugars. Within 3 days my belly was flat! I don't each much gluten though anyway :smile: