Looking for support

Options
I've constantly struggled with my weight and I am currently the heaviest I've been in my life. I'm 27 years old and weigh 190 lbs. I feel lost and unsure where to start. Due to my knee issues I've struggled doing a lot of cardio as I get tired and the pain gets worse. I'm worried....will this ever happen?

I wouldn't say my eating habits are terrible but I have little to non consistent exercise in my life. I have access to a gym which I don't go to because my endurance is so low I am embarrassed....

I'm stuck.

Replies

• 201rainbow
    201rainbow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you want. I don't mind helping out. I helped my mom lose 40lbs! (Now shes about your weight). Honestly, just by using this app you'll change your eating habits. :) good luck!
  • WickedCharmed
    Options
    maybe we can help each other! I need to lose 50 pounds soon!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I'm on almost every day and I try to encourage. Bad knees? Find a pool.
  • desantos123
    Options
    i was stuck with 170lbs for three years and have tried everything. If you really want to loos weight look into the venus index. It's saved my life and i've lost 10 pounds so far. It's not difficult at all and its about counting calories and eating less a few days and then eating your calorie maintenance another day. Check it out...really!

43461875.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sandieh04
    sandieh04 Posts: 16
    Options
    This is a fantastic site it will help you tremendously. Bad knees.... so have I and I have found water aerobics. Fantastic burn and easy on the knees.....try it you will end up loving it!!!! Add me if you would like (I'm a little older than you though lol)
  • nannyal
    nannyal Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi you can do this, infract you already have by sighing up for MFP. There is plenty of love and support here, more importantly we have all been where you are. Friend me if you would like and I'll give you some support. :smile:
  • KINGRAY88
    KINGRAY88 Posts: 15
    Options
    you can friend me if you like. i'm here for support and motivation. And your on the rite track to
    success by signing up for MFP. i have only been on here for 1 week but i have lost 8 lbs in that time frame. and you should try to find a pool to do water aerobics
  • Fuzz_bomb
    Fuzz_bomb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi im pretty much in the same boat. I have severve sciatica which comes and goes and has now come to light it maybe a prolapsed disc. Dispite this i work thru the pain most days and am reasonably good with motivating myself exercise wise but i struggle with the food bit esp at weekends :( i no this is just habbit or boredem but cant seem 2 shake it. back in may i managed 2 shift 6lbs b4 holiday but when i returned i was hit with sciatica unabling me to exercise 4 a while so the weight has crept back on adding a couple of pounds :( i am almost back to 'normal'exercise wise but i could do with some support also please so if people r intrested in kickin my butt when times are hard please add me. The support would be very much appreciated. Thank you :)