Juicing

Options
Has anyone heard of juicing? is it a good way to lose weight? is it good for people with diabetes and hypothyroid?

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Everyone's heard of it. Most on here will advise you against it but its your choice. The weight may fall off very quickly at the start but its usually a fast for a certain period of time ie 2 weeks.
  • daniellefinlan
    daniellefinlan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes I like to do a juice fast for 4-7 days when i start to plateau with my weight loss or if i get in the habit of eating a lot of junk. It gives your digestive system a rest and causes you to crave more fruits and veggies.

Here is a link that i have found useful.

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/plans/
  • sxyceci
    sxyceci Posts: 5
    Options
    I tried to juice fast but by the second day my blood sugar went down to 70 and I had to eat something quick
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I would never go on a juice fast or replace meals with juicing, but I will occasionally buy extra produce and make juices because they're tasty and have lots of vitamins. With juice I can make delicious combinations of foods that I 1) just plain old don't like, or 2) might not like to eat *whole*. Example: I don't care for beets...like, not at all. But I throw beets in with some apples, spinach, etc. and they're quite tasty in juiced form.

So, anyway, I would definitely not recommend a juice fast or even meal replacement, but if you want a yummy juice every once in awhile, go for it. You can find thousands of recipes online. It's like making a smoothie, only you're eliminating the fiber (which is why lots of people will advise against it).