Herbalife?

Options
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience with herbalife and how the program is suppose to work? I'm thinking about giving it a shot. Please leave your lectures out of this thread, I promise you will be wasting your time. Just wanting some feedback if it helped or not, cost, how to follow the program for weightloss ect...Thanks!

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    No
  • Nov3mberMistt
    Nov3mberMistt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it personally, but my Mom and my Aunt do, and they both swear by it. I vaguely remember there being a meal replacement shake that you're supposed to use once a day, vitamins, and a tea (those are what my mom used/uses). From what I've seen, it's only as effective as the person using it. My mom smokes, and for a long time she would lose the weight but it would always come back. The last year she has seen lots of improvement, but likely because she's been more active the last year than the years previous, and also because she was able to let go of a lot of emotional baggage.

My Aunt, on the other hand, has been on it for about as long as I can remember, and she's always looked pretty fabulous. She's wellness coach on their iChange website, I think.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a few months. I found it to be very expensive for what you get. Yes I lost some weight.... But like all fad diets. As soon as I went off it, I gained all that I lost plus an additional 9 lbs. i believe that I regained the weight faster than I lost it.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Not a fan
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cutieimiz
    cutieimiz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello love!

I do not sell herbalife so I do not want you to think I do. (Although I am thinking about it so I can start to get discounts but you don't have to sell it to get the discounts..just pay the one time fee.)

ANYWAY, I did herbalife 3 years ago and lost 10 pounds in a month. I did not do it every single day. I did it twice a day like 4 times a week for a month. I have yet to gain that weight back. I did not do the vitamins either. I was 143 and got down to 132. Once I got there...I stopped it. And was happy.

Now, I JUST got back on it. It's been like 5 weeks. I do the vitamins and I do it 2 times a day now. First starting off, I was only doing it like once a day. Then the 3rd week I started getting serious. I do the vitamins, prolessaduo AND I did the 21 day cleanser. I was at 130 when I started. At my four week mark, I had lost 10 pounds and I know I lots inches. Looking at my body, I do see a difference. I am 120 last time I checked and this Thursday, I will be weighing myself! I am so stoked. Message me if you have questions!!! Entering into my 6th week! I am here if you need me :D
  • Vnigma
    Vnigma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, im new to herbalife and this site as well. i joined herbalife with my best friend she was kind of on and off it for about a month. so she suggested i join so we keep each other motivated through our weightloss challenges. i was full of questions for my weightloss challenge coach and he led me here to this site. i must say i find it totally amazing. iv gained a tone of weight in the last 2 months from overeating junk and having late winter dinners n dozing off straight after. this is my 7th day on the shakes and i started off with having breakfast shake, snack, lunch shake snack then main meal at dinner. but i had to switch it around to having my main meal at lunch coz id end up over eating at dinner or eating dinner way to late. today was my second day with lunch as my main meal i have been slightly overeating my main meals. Any tips for how i can get the best out of the program. and i also wanted to ask can i snack only on protein? is exceeding ones daily protein allowance that bad? like can i have biltong (dried lean beef) skinless chicken, fat free yoghurt, fish and hardboiled eggs as snacks instead of fruit or nuts. nuts have such a high amount of fat in them.
  • shirleylmartin
    shirleylmartin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed the "cover" girl for Herbalife? Her name is Ariane. She actually goes to my church. She did lose a bunch of weight, but as soon as she was done the program, she gained it all back; she's practically back to where she was in the beginning!

I don't think this program is good for long term, sustained weight loss. The only way you can keep the weight off is with a lifestyle change. The change has to come from within YOU, not from a program. (just my opinion)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input and unasked for input on "fad diets". I lost weight on a so-called fad diet and kept it off for years until I was put on a medication that made me gain weight, which I'm off of now.
  • 201rainbow
    201rainbow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My mom started it in the beginning of summer when my cousin recommended it. I tried it with her, I was super excited for it. I read online that cookies And creme was the best and when I tried it DX I gagged! It was super nastyyy! My mom was like "oh come on! Just drink it!" And I little teared up and threw it out and the after taste was even worse!

My mom though somehow could tolerate it. "It's pretty good after a while..." She told me.

Long story short, I gave up the diet after 1 day and my mom did it for 1.5 weeks before stopping.

So... Do I recommend it? No. Absolutely, not.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input and unasked for input on "fad diets". I lost weight on a so-called fad diet and kept it off for years until I was put on a medication that made me gain weight, which I'm off of now.

You specifically asked for input on a fad diet. People gave information on that fad diet and how useless it is.
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options

You specifically asked for input on a fad diet. People gave information on that fad diet and how useless it is.

THIS ^^

I haven't personally used it, but used to work for a convention centre who had Herbalife reps in once a month and they were the crankiest people I have ever met, bar none. We used to have to stock up on toilet paper whenever they were in too. Like most VLCD-type diets, I assume you would probably lose weight but if you went back to eating 'normally' afterward you would probably put it back on.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The pyramid scheme turned me off. I asked a friend who was a rep just a few questions and she wouldn't stop hounding me for weeks. Now whenever I see someone with a herbalife sticker plastered on their car I avoid them.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    in for the reads, a friend of mine asked me to read up about this for her and another thing called Juice plus to see what sounded better ....
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    I don't think this program is good for long term, sustained weight loss. The only way you can keep the weight off is with a lifestyle change. The change has to come from within YOU, not from a program. (just my opinion)

This is a great comment and I agree
    I brought 10 bootcamp sessions once and I really enjoyed the bootcamp BUT the underline was they where constantly trying to push us to buy/use herblife - I tired the shake as a 'after workout snack/recovery' and sure it was 'nice' but i ended up going home and snacking on 'real' food! Therefore spend the money on great fresh, real food that nourishes and see the difference in your weight without using shakes etc.. :)
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I always start from the point of "All supplements are crap" and then look for study abstracts on Pubmed.

To date, I've found all of a smattering of supplements that's aren't just wallet-lighteners:

[1] Fish oil
    [2] EC(A) stacks
    [3] glucosamine chondroitin
    [4] The active probiotic in Align(tm)
    [5] DNP (but it's dangerous if you're not paying attention)

I don't include protein powders because as far as I can see those are food in a convenient form.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

This is a great comment and I agree
    I brought 10 bootcamp sessions once and I really enjoyed the bootcamp BUT the underline was they where constantly trying to push us to buy/use herblife - I tired the shake as a 'after workout snack/recovery' and sure it was 'nice' but i ended up going home and snacking on 'real' food! Therefore spend the money on great fresh, real food that nourishes and see the difference in your weight without using shakes etc.. :)

Baaaaa who wants lifestyle changes...

Fad diets are the way to go ...lose water weight, and then gain it all back ...that is progress...
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Years ago I miscarried using Herbal life. The woman who use to sell told me it can happen with it.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    If you don't want lectures, then don't ask opinions.

You don't need any of that crap (herbalife, advocare, etc...) to lose weight. Those companies just want your money. That's my experience with all of that bs.