Interesting...

Options
jaymie_x0
jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
I'm kind of bummed reading negative comments on some people's post. Aren't we all supposed to be supporting & motivating?

Replies

• jaymie_x0
    Options
    Guess some people just can't be happy with themselves & have to bring others down!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Completely agree!!
    If you can't say something nice do not say anything...
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Some people seem to mistake "support" for "cheering for everyone no matter what".

A lot of BAD information gets posted here, bad advice is given, people doing silly, unhealthy things and when you see it day and and day out, people asking for support on their eating disorder bad diet, or claiming that the latest Dr Oz pill is a wonder drug, or that they can gain muscle and lose fat just by downing some wonder combo designed to keep them under 1000 cals a day it' can be hard to be positive and gentle while telling them they are not only wrong but dangerous and, in some cases, downright stupid.

So many threads where someone comes on, asks advice on something they are doing that is plain dumb, then cracks the sads when people point out its plain dumb, and its the people talking sense who get labelled mean and unsupportive.

Sometime telling someone that their information is just plain wrong IS support. Sometimes it's too important to get the message through that a "diet" is dangerous and unhealthy, or that some latest fad is stupid and useless, to bother sugarcoating it.

Just because you don't say it with flowers doesn't mean you aren't saying it with peoples best interests at heart.

You're right. People come here for advice and support. And some people give the WRONG advice or refuse to listen to the RIGHT advice and should be told so.

And then some people ARE just mean.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Some people post really stupid, uneducated and ignorant things on these forums, it's not mean or negative to tell them their information is wrong...
  • Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    Options
    We were not bred to always be Happy Happy Joy Joy.... sorry to pop your balloon...

happy-happy-joy-joy-o.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of bummed reading negative comments on some people's post. Aren't we all supposed to be supporting & motivating?

No.
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky haven't found haters but I don't know why people want to be friends then you don't hear a peep out of them.. what's the point!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Definition of SARCASM

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
    2. a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual,

FR me if you want a non-creepazoid-happily married man-non trollish support MFP friend. Read my profile...

sarcasm.jpg
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Some people seem to mistake "support" for "cheering for everyone no matter what".

A lot of BAD information gets posted here, bad advice is given, people doing silly, unhealthy things and when you see it day and and day out, people asking for support on their eating disorder bad diet, or claiming that the latest Dr Oz pill is a wonder drug, or that they can gain muscle and lose fat just by downing some wonder combo designed to keep them under 1000 cals a day it' can be hard to be positive and gentle while telling them they are not only wrong but dangerous and, in some cases, downright stupid.

So many threads where someone comes on, asks advice on something they are doing that is plain dumb, then cracks the sads when people point out its plain dumb, and its the people talking sense who get labelled mean and unsupportive.

Sometime telling someone that their information is just plain wrong IS support. Sometimes it's too important to get the message through that a "diet" is dangerous and unhealthy, or that some latest fad is stupid and useless, to bother sugarcoating it.

Just because you don't say it with flowers doesn't mean you aren't saying it with peoples best interests at heart.

You're right. People come here for advice and support. And some people give the WRONG advice or refuse to listen to the RIGHT advice and should be told so.

And then some people ARE just mean.
    10/10 would bang this post into oblivion.
  • jaymie_x0
    Options
    Some people post really stupid, uneducated and ignorant things on these forums, it's not mean or negative to tell them their information is wrong...

There is on the other hand a big difference to point out on people that thay are handling things wrong and just being a rude *kitten*, thing that's what the OP means here

agreed ^ there's i've noticed an enormous amount of *kitten* & even catty women on here within the last 24 hours..oh well, wont stop me from kicking *kitten* & staying positive!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Completely agree!!

disagree.

if im not doing something right i want people to let me know instead of being quiet or blindly agreeing like so many on here do.
  • jaymie_x0
    Options
    Completely agree!!

disagree.

if im not doing something right i want people to let me know instead of being quiet or blindly agreeing like so many on here do.

there's a difference between giving CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM & blatantly rude
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Completely agree!!

disagree.

there's a difference between giving CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM & blatantly rude

well on MFP constructive criticism is considered rude by the majority.
  • jaymie_x0
    Options
    thats because people suck. there, that's rude for ya! ;)