5ft5in, weigh 122 lbs. details included. help!

Options
hi,
i am stuck. i hate loosing weight and despise myself for gaining so much. I used to weigh 110 lbs once upon a time, but college burgers and drinks got to me and now i weigh 122 lbs (i am 5ft5in). my measurements are:
breasts: 35
waist: 28
chest: 34.5
arms: 12
hips: 38.5
legs: 22
i am fasting for this month. so i thought of making the most of this month so started jillian michaels 30 day shred. on day 3 of level 2. these days i am taking around 500-700 calories/day (have some cheat days when i take around 1200-1400 calories). i can see visible differences in my waist and chest area but my arms as usual are not budging. AT ALL.
my diet is i have a boiled egg and a piece of white bread for breakfast and fruits in evening, and sometimes, small servings of curry and bread along with them. plan on keeping it up for the next 15 days. is it healthy? well i guess not, but will i gain all of the weight back when i stop? any ideas? i swear i am tired of being fat. i want to go back to my old self, my old weight, my old face, my old personality, my old everything. nostalgia at its peak! :/

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    firstly, 5ft5 and 122lbs is NOT fat.... even if you only have a small build, its just NOT.

secondly, eating 500-700 calories is not enough food and will be VERY bad for your health if you do it for any length of time.
  • _babyfox
    _babyfox Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    it would be much more effective and healthy to do the 1200-1400 every day instead of just occasionally
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right????? 500-700 calories? No wonder you can't lose weight. And you don't need to anyways.
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Deffo not enough calories, should aim for 1400-1500, and taking on 50% of any calories burnt in excercise in addition to those.
    This has helped me emmensly (apologies for spelling), although I have had no issues with my arms, I have found running very helpful.
  • martianhaq
    martianhaq Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have alot of fat on my arms. notice my measurements. i need toning up thats why doing jillian michales these days. fasting these days so calorie intake is automatically low. but will try boosting it up. any fast way to get rid of stupid arm fat!! :/
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You are either a TROLL or really stupid..... take your pick !
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    TROLL. :)
  • briannerowe2011
    Options
    Boo hoo...you gained 12 pounds??? Get over it...lots of people on here are trying to lose 50 or more. Plus! 5'5" at 122lbs isn't even remotely fat. That's insane. And starving yourself is so stupid. If you are going to work out so hard you have to to do the 1200 or more calories per day.
  • Salxmb
    Salxmb Posts: 6
    Options
    Why not try the 5:2 diet but instead of 'feasting' the 5 days - stick to around 1200-1500 calories. Might be a bit more healthy for you.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    i have alot of fat on my arms. notice my measurements. i need toning up thats why doing jillian michales these days. fasting these days so calorie intake is automatically low. but will try boosting it up. any fast way to get rid of stupid arm fat!! :/

Then set your goal to lose at most 0.5lbs/week, and start a heavy lifting weight lifting routine, and get adequate protein (aim for 100+ grams/day) this way you will drop your BF% without losing much muscle.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    1200 to 1400 is not a cheat day , you are still eating at a deficit .

Can you lose weight by eating 500 to 800 calories ?Yes , but is not healthy or sustainable . Plus it could cause some serious damage to your body let alone to your mental health.

I know that when I was eating around 500 , I felt ill and I was an emotional mess.
  • kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is 20 and as I am sure you are aware, 20-25 is healthy range. Being above or below this can still be healthy but even without pics I can see by your stats that you're certainly not fat.

No, its not healthy and yes you will almost certainly gain it back. You will probably feel very unwell on that number of cals and exercise.

Why dont you have 1500 cals and do Jillian- you could still have a burn of 300 and be in deficit, not that it sounds like you need it.

If you do want to be healthy and look better, resarch these forums. Perhaps what you 'need' to do is exercise to firm up your body and look fitter and 'toned'.

eta- if this is a genuine post, it sounds like youre pining for your old life and you, and disliking yourself, this is manifesting itself in you thinking youre fat. Maybe you need to figure out why before you do yourself some harm.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    hi,
    i am stuck. i hate loosing weight and despise myself for gaining so much. I used to weigh 110 lbs once upon a time, but college burgers and drinks got to me and now i weigh 122 lbs (i am 5ft5in). my measurements are:
    breasts: 35
    waist: 28
    chest: 34.5
    arms: 12
    hips: 38.5
    legs: 22
    i am fasting for this month. so i thought of making the most of this month so started jillian michaels 30 day shred. on day 3 of level 2. these days i am taking around 500-700 calories/day (have some cheat days when i take around 1200-1400 calories). i can see visible differences in my waist and chest area but my arms as usual are not budging. AT ALL.
    my diet is i have a boiled egg and a piece of white bread for breakfast and fruits in evening, and sometimes, small servings of curry and bread along with them. plan on keeping it up for the next 15 days. is it healthy? well i guess not, but will i gain all of the weight back when i stop? any ideas? i swear i am tired of being fat. i want to go back to my old self, my old weight, my old face, my old personality, my old everything. nostalgia at its peak! :/

No. Just no :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Don't fast. It's not necessary. 1200 calories is NOT a cheat day. That's the BARE MINIMUM you need to be eating. Quit ruining your metabolism, EAT, continue working out, and try again. If you only have 10-12 lbs to lose, it's going to take a long time. Focus more on strength training and body composition and less on the scale.
  • martianhaq
    martianhaq Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    fasting for this month is for religious purposes. and at a point now when have to loose 12 lbs, but have already lost 25 pounds in the past and these last pounds are the hardest to let go! should have included more details in there i guess! :/
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Why not try the 5:2 diet but instead of 'feasting' the 5 days - stick to around 1200-1500 calories. Might be a bit more healthy for you.

that is still under eating by a LOT...
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options

Lowering your calorie intake so drastically isn't going to get rid of the arm fat any faster than eating properly. Add some more lean protein and veggies into your daily consumption; focus on moderate amounts of cardio and lift heavy things.

Something else to consider: we don't get to choose where our body burns fat- the only thing you can do to target an area is to strength train.

Best of luck, and DON'T STARVE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • briannerowe2011
    Options
    I can't let it go!! I can't believe you call yourself fat at 5'5" and 122 lbs. You're freaking crazy!! Sure maybe you have some flab, maybe you aren't ripped, well what you are doing now is not going to get you ripped. Do little people get on here and write this **** just to piss fat people off!?? Because it worked! YOU have managed to really piss me off!! I would give anything to be 5'5" 122. I am 5'1" and weight 195 lbs. and mine wasn't because of stupid drinking and college eating....mine was from 2 children and the stresses of life. Grow up and love yourself for the way you look, REMEMBER it could be a lot worse!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    fasting for this month is for religious purposes. and at a point now when have to loose 12 lbs, but have already lost 25 pounds in the past and these last pounds are the hardest to let go! should have included more details in there i guess! :/

You do not need to lose another 12lbs.

to lose fat you need a small deficit and some resistance/strength training. starving yourself is not healthy and wont make you look good.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You are either a TROLL or really stupid..... take your pick !

Agree
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You do not need to loose weight, you just need toned. I am 5 ft 5 and my goal is 145. I have been 128 and I was sick and too skinny.