Diet Soda and/or Crystal Light?

Options
2»

Replies

• lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    In our house we tend to drink a lot of fizzy products that come out of a can that isn't soda, that is seltzer water, club soda, etc. You can get them lightly flavored a lot. Like right now I'm drinking Seagram's Sparkling Seltzer Water - Orange Citrus flavored. The only ingredients listed are "carbonated water" and "natural flavors." Does anybody have any idea if this is bad for you/as bad for you as the other two?

I occassionally have seltzer water (Faygo, La Croix, et al), but I do not count them as part of water intake and although I drink them more in summer than other times of the year, they are not a daily drink--more like a weekly or monthly.

BTW, carbonization changes the pH value. My daily acidic drink is coffee and I am not inclined to give it up, although I drink half as much as I did 10 years ago.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I drink 60-100 ounces of diet soda per day.
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    In our house we tend to drink a lot of fizzy products that come out of a can that isn't soda, that is seltzer water, club soda, etc. You can get them lightly flavored a lot. Like right now I'm drinking Seagram's Sparkling Seltzer Water - Orange Citrus flavored. The only ingredients listed are "carbonated water" and "natural flavors." Does anybody have any idea if this is bad for you/as bad for you as the other two?

I occassionally have seltzer water (Faygo, La Croix, et al), but I do not count them as part of water intake and although I drink them more in summer than other times of the year, they are not a daily drink--more like a weekly or monthly.

BTW, carbonization changes the pH value. My daily acidic drink is coffee and I am not inclined to give it up, although I drink half as much as I did 10 years ago.

Hmm, that's odd, I didn't realize it could do anything to pH. I tend to drink them pretty often in the evening as they're cold and in the fridge and more refreshing to me than regular water. That said, I don't actually drink coffee (just not a fan) and do drink at least one full Nalgene bottle (32 ounces) of regular water just at work each day, usually more than that.
  • poodlegoat
    poodlegoat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For me it's more about what artificial sweetener do to my body. When I drink diet soda I have trouble sleeping cause my arthritis in my wrists act up. Also when I chew sugar free gum at work I feel really weak. That's just what it does to me even if it is delicious and zero calories I don't think its worth it for me.