I want some cake so bad!!! Any great recipes???

Options
I have been wanting cake for a good while! I want to make a cake but i want to make it healthier. Help!

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Portion control AND healthy! I like to add some chocolate chips and walnuts to this!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/06/one-minute-chocolate-cake/
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with having treats in moderation. In my opinion there is no point eating 'healthy' or 'healthier' cakes. I suggest just buying yourself a nice slice of cake out somewhere and enjoying it.
  • dailytammy
    dailytammy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    google the 100 calorie cake with frosting I don't have the recipe but was made with just soda and was so delicious you couldn't even tell
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Portion control is KEY. They have publix or any good bakeries where you are? I say go and get a slice, then enjoy it. You won't have the leftovers around taunting you either!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    recipe threads have two cakes that have caught my eye. some with diet coke or whatnot. others with yogurt. use the search button with those key words see what comes up.

one was called "skinny mini cupcakes" if I recall correctly.

AVOID ANYTHING WITH CAULIFLOWER. AVERT YOUR EYES. Trust me.
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    I have been wanting cake for a good while! I want to make a cake but i want to make it healthier. Help!

Try Angel Food Cake, it has no fat.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    recipe threads have two cakes that have caught my eye. some with diet coke or whatnot. others with yogurt. use the search button with those key words see what comes up.

• serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Definately try the skinny mini cupcakes you will find if you do a search on here.. You will not be disappointed!
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    One box of Angelfood cake
    one can of crushed pineapple with juice

mix the cake and pineapple put in ungreased 13x9 pan
    Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes
    serves 8. 54 cal per good size slice
    Enjoy
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Truth. And black beans - do not make black bean brownies, cakes, whatever.
  • kelley8185
    Options
    I don't know the calorie count, but I mix a package of funfetti mix with 1 can of sprite zero (no eggs, oil, etc.) and it tastes delicious! Not sure what you could use in place of normal frosting though...
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options

http://chocolatechillimango.com/category/protein/#.Ue_Ph1MmxFU

I include macros

:)
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe last week and my kids loved it. Think carrot cake but with zucchini (we have way too many zucchini in our garden) It was crazy good and about 230 calories with the frosting.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/08/pineapple-zucchini-cake-with-cream.html
  • Taylor0212
    Taylor0212 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ive seen some recipies on pintrest where you can use cake mix with a can of diet sprite or something! Maybe not exactly healthy, but easy on the calories!
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I really love some of the recipes on proteinpow.com . They aren't necessarily low cal (but better then regular cake as they don't usually include any added fat like butter), but you get your cravings killed, and you get some good macros in there - plus, YUM. Otherwise, yes, moderation. However for me that rarely works. :wink:
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My mom is allergic to eggs and makes cake with diet soda. Dark mix add dark soda, light color add clear.

My sister is diabetic. She makes her's with pumpkin. Both must be refrigerated. I eat a small regular piece and am happy. Portion control and moderation are the key.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This was posted the other day. A friend of mine even made them and posted a review.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1047427-6-calorie-cookie-dough-bites?page=2
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Cake mix with diet soda is good - with some cool whip. I really enjoy cake mix with a can of pumpkin puree (15 oz) and a 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce (if you don't have the applesauce it still works) - more nutritional value than made with the diet soda. =)
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Try the 1-2-3 cake. You mix any kind of cake mix with a box of angel food cake into a large baggie. Add 3 T of mix and 2 T of water in a mug then microwave for 1 minute.

You could also make diet soda cake. You use 1 box of cake mix then add 1 can of diet soda to it mix together and bake as usual. Do not add the other ingredients that it says on the box just the can of soda. For frosting 1 mix 1 box of sugar free pudding with 1 cup of skim milk and fold in 1/2 a tub of light cool whip.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    You can pretty much do any kind of cake mix with a can of any kind of diet soda for a much better calorie opeiton. Use FF cool whip for icing and there you go.

White cake and diet orange
    Chocolate cake with diet cherry coke
    White cake with diet sprite

The possibilities are endless....:wink: